**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Caporegime
Will check out those package disablers.

Which theme did you use Nexus or are you using Substratum? Not given it a go yet.

Just these themes from the samsung store:

4b3dOvVl.png.jpg

Tried substratum before but too buggy and too much faff especially when apps get updated.

RhExiJZl.png.jpg ZxdhPwil.png.jpg CcvceRxl.png.jpg iBmEYyJl.png.jpg

In the last day or 2 though, I have set everything else to black i.e. textra, google keyboard, reddit etc. apps.

Of course it looks much better on the phone itself.

Associate
What package disabler app do people use?

Ad hell 2 seems to be playing up....

I await replies as wondering the same myself :D

There is an Adhell 3 on github but you have to build the APK yourself with Android Studio. It's fairly easy since the studio downloads any required SDK's automatically. You basically need to change the package name and build the APK, however if the app gets updated you will have to rebuild the APK and reinstall each time which is a pain. https://github.com/fusionjack/Adhell3

Associate
Makes you laugh this Military Grade nonsense! Some Spigen's are military grade. I have a Tough Armour on an S9+. Good enough case and affords a reasonable amount of protection. May not survive a bullet or being run over by a tank :rolleyes:

Soldato
Chaps, I have long had an S8 and S8+ listed as a replacement for when my Nexus 6P starts giving me issues. The device is on its 2nd battery now (fitted last October) and is already resulting me charging twice a day when I'm out of the house. To top it all off the mic isn't so good with various reports of me sounding far away when I do make calls occasionally.

Is the S8+ a good purchase at this time? I would like something 6P sized and the Plus fits the bill. I am hoping for an equally excellent camera experience ala the 6P and a fluid OS - I know TouchWiz can have its momentary jitters but it's always been solid in the past for me. I've noticed Amazon selling it for £535 and just wanted to hear what you've got to say.

Going to read a bit of this thread now.

Back
Top Bottom