**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
Cheers guys got the app but for some reason it doesn't accept my postcode, keeps saying invalid even thought I've chosen UK and everything?

Also any more info on decent free themes?

Soldato
It's Swift installer linked earlier, the dark theme options.

The battery stuff is via GSam Battery Monitor in the Play Store :)

Oh and yes! E46 M3 does me nicely :)

hmm...installed swift, and it hasnt changed my wallpaper or icons....just the notifications and gmail app...
any ideas ?
thanks

Man of Honour
hmm...installed swift, and it hasnt changed my wallpaper or icons....just the notifications and gmail app...
any ideas ?
thanks

It's not a theme with wallpapers or icons, it';s a system ui theme engine. The wallpaper in my photo is my own car, the icons are part of Lines icon pack on the play store!

@mrk
Do you use 5ghz or 2.4ghz for WiFi?

I only ever use 5GHz really.

Soldato
Back to an S8+ after a few weeks with the Pixel 2 XL.

Things I missed:

• The Screen: Whilst the Pixel 2 XL is not as bad as people make out, the difference between the two was very surprising to see and I definitely prefer the S8+ display. Media consumption is a huge part of my phone usage so this did hold a lot in the decision.
  • A skin on android: Stock android is not bad by any means, but being so accustomed to some variety with Samsung lately with TW and additional theming options, I missed this quite a bit.
Overall I think the S8+ offers the best overall package for me personally and glad to have switched back.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just got a software update so I presume I have to revert to stock theme before installing the software update?

Edit:

I'm using the swift theme.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Uninstalled all the overlays from swift in order to do the software update for the phone, however, the theme is still active even though I have removed everything under the active tab.

Any ideas???

Last edited:
Caporegime
For anyone having the same issue with overlays not being uninstalled, you need to read this and run the tool:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zPqN6AJlTAeFc9se-8oPZTz0I268zYDJT9HUOcIQuq4/edit

Bit of a faff having to do it for every system update but meh, it's worth the faff.

Loving this colour scheme of mine:

rzKAz9i.jpg

Also, that is where Samsung's little tweaks are superb, so easy to take that one long screenshot, just take the first one, then click scroll capture for the rest and upload :cool:

Man of Honour
Just got a software update so I presume I have to revert to stock theme before installing the software update?

Edit:

I'm using the swift theme.

@mrk
Do you have WiFi power saving mode turned on?

I do have wifi power savings on!

Uninstalling overlays works fine for me, but it does take ages if you uninstall a lot. You should uninstall, then wait for all the little toast notifications to finish stating an overlay has been uninstalled.

Caporegime
I do have wifi power savings on!

Uninstalling overlays works fine for me, but it does take ages if you uninstall a lot. You should uninstall, then wait for all the little toast notifications to finish stating an overlay has been uninstalled.

Not noticed any performance loss/issues with it on?

I did do that and once they were finished, I rebooted and all the overlays were still there :/

Soldato
Just ordered the mrs a new phone. She loves her S7 so looked around and got what I think is a decent(ish) deal. She wanted Vodafone again.

Carphone warehouse

Galaxy S8
Vodafone 4gb, unlimited txt, talk

No upfront cost
£23 a month

£50 cashback via quidco

Back
Top Bottom