**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
This is what I can manage on Oreo, on Nougat it used to be 24-27 hours, so Oreo has defo slashed some battery life in combo with some degrade as I often fall below 5% due to the nature of work. The battery wear is sitting at around 91% capacity.

Screenshot_20180611-015206_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg

Still a beautiful phone to look at and use :cool:

mapmousepad_2.jpg

Soldato
This is what I can manage on Oreo, on Nougat it used to be 24-27 hours, so Oreo has defo slashed some battery life in combo with some degrade as I often fall below 5% due to the nature of work. The battery wear is sitting at around 91% capacity.

How do you get 4h screen time...
Lately I can get barely 2.5h... sometimes even 2h...

and yes, one of nicer phones there are :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Constantly connected to WiFi below greatly with battery life as your phone radio isn't having to work hard to maintain a 4G signal for data.

Also limit screen brightness manually to increase screen on time too!

Caporegime
Even when I am on WiFi, I still find it hard to hit 4 hours on screen time.

This is on the normal GS 8 though.

Always on display is turned off too as that just kills battery completely for me.

Soldato
Constantly connected to WiFi below greatly with battery life as your phone radio isn't having to work hard to maintain a 4G signal for data.

Also limit screen brightness manually to increase screen on time too!
then thats just cheating ;)

even wifi at work is s..t in places...

AOD on ?

and time to change theme on the phone as well...like your dark minimalistic look

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I don't use AOD, Ok Google hotword detection is also turned off as is Bixby. I do keep location services on though as I use those features.

Associate

mapmousepad_2.jpg

Nice theme and car mate loll, sucker for a e46 m3

What theme is that aswell?

Also how can I can that info on my battery is that from the standard battery checkers under settings?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's Swift installer linked earlier, the dark theme options.

The battery stuff is via GSam Battery Monitor in the Play Store :)

Oh and yes! E46 M3 does me nicely :)

Associate
It's Swift installer linked earlier, the dark theme options.

The battery stuff is via GSam Battery Monitor in the Play Store :)

Oh and yes! E46 M3 does me nicely :)

Is gsam better than acubattery or the r3ccomended one now as ages ago it was acubattery

Also not to sound cheap but is there a free decent theme app or anything?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If you want free themes then pixel based ones on Samsung theme store. But Play Store is the way to go. It's only £1 something and you should have plenty of £ by now through Google Rewards Surveys so there's no excuse! My tally currently sits at around £60 earned through the rewards app alone.

Gsam vs Accubattery, they both do different things. Accubattery to track battery degrade and charge performance over time, Gsam to track battery and application power consumption over time.

Associate
If you want free themes then pixel based ones on Samsung theme store. But Play Store is the way to go. It's only £1 something and you should have plenty of £ by now through Google Rewards Surveys so there's no excuse! My tally currently sits at around £60 earned through the rewards app alone.

Gsam vs Accubattery, they both do different things. Accubattery to track battery degrade and charge performance over time, Gsam to track battery and application power consumption over time.

Free money for surveys, where have I been loll
How can u apply for them?

Normally do some other ones but not linked to play store

Will see what gsam says about my battery then as acc is saying my battery health is at 91%

Back
Top Bottom