**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Associate
I'm considering doing the same, seems like a pretty good deal and cheaper than what I'm currently paying.

Edit: Is the 0% finance thing a timed offer? Want to wait for a few reviews before buying.

The trade in prices are reduced if you order later. Think the higher prices are up to the 15th.

I am also going the route of £24.99 a month and SIM only deal as this works out cheaper than an upgrade when my contract ends next month. Need to find a decent Vodafone or O2 SIM deal now.

Samsung have advised me that the phones will be despatched on Thursday via DPD as I need to get it delivered to work rather than home.

Don
Go with the slower one with less capacity. Surely that's obvious. :D

haha, I didn't realise the U3 was actually slower than the A1 till I looked at them again........

It isn't quite that simple - the Sandisk is only U1 rated (10MB/s) so in theory is slower than the U3 (30MB/s) Samsung with regards to sequential write speed. A1 certification is just a new standard for minimum random read and write IOPS - A1 also only mandates minimum 10MB/s sequential.

The Samsung also benchmarks higher for both Sequential Write and Random Write:
https://havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/fastest-microsd-cards/

"Samsung EVO Plus (MB-MC" and "SanDisk Ultra (SDSQUAR)" in the search filter

Associate
The trade in prices are reduced if you order later. Think the higher prices are up to the 15th.

I am also going the route of £24.99 a month and SIM only deal as this works out cheaper than an upgrade when my contract ends next month. Need to find a decent Vodafone or O2 SIM deal now.

Samsung have advised me that the phones will be despatched on Thursday via DPD as I need to get it delivered to work rather than home.

I’ve done the same with 0% finance and a SIM only contract. Although not sure if WifiCalling and 4G calling works with Vodaphone or O2 unless you bought it directly from them. Think WifiCalling on EE works irrespective where you buy it.

smr

smr

Soldato
Best price then for this? My S7 is looking a bit shabby now and it's upgrade time soon. What's teh best deals going for the S9? The Sky £33 p/m deal seems alright? At the moment I've got ultd mins/texts and 5gb data which suits me fine.

Associate
Best price then for this? My S7 is looking a bit shabby now and it's upgrade time soon. What's teh best deals going for the S9? The Sky £33 p/m deal seems alright? At the moment I've got ultd mins/texts and 5gb data which suits me fine.

You could look at the Samsung offer and trade in your S7. Then simply put your SIM in the S9. I'm due an upgrade mid April so like others are trading in the S7 or S7E and buying from Samsung with the trade in offer and then I'll be going to SIM only. I think the Sky deal means you don't own the phone until month 30 or you are locked into a 30 month contract.........check the t&c's/smallprint.

Caporegime
You could look at the Samsung offer and trade in your S7. Then simply put your SIM in the S9. I'm due an upgrade mid April so like others are trading in the S7 or S7E and buying from Samsung with the trade in offer and then I'll be going to SIM only. I think the Sky deal means you don't own the phone until month 30 or you are locked into a 30 month contract.........check the t&c's/smallprint.

Don't s7E command a higher price than the trade in value?

Associate
Don't s7E command a higher price than the trade in value?
No, both the S7 and S7E have the same trade in value. All the details are on the Samsung website https://shop.samsung.com/uk/trade-in/ - Have a look:(
Basically, S7 or S7E against S9 = £206 up to 15 March, £152.50 from 16 March ~ 30 June
against S9 Plus = £202.50 then drops to £149.25
There is a big list of trade in values showing lots of different models/brands which you can view without having to go anywhere near the order process.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else going for the official led case? Was it any good on the S8?

I had this and it's poorly designed. Particles easily get in between the case and the phone and cause damage to the bezel.

I got a free repair to my s8 after a heated argument with a Samsung store manager.

I wouldn't touch another case like this with a barge pole.

Soldato
I had this and it's poorly designed. Particles easily get in between the case and the phone and cause damage to the bezel.

I got a free repair to my s8 after a heated argument with a Samsung store manager.

I wouldn't touch another case like this with a barge pole.

Thats basically any flap/flip case, nothing specific to do with samsung

Associate
I'm paying £19.98 for my S9 plus a cheap sim only deal of £10 interest free

Awaiting my S9+ for a fiver more myself.
With regards to the Sim, what have you chose or are looking to choose?. I am currently with O2 at the moment but they're not exactly the most competitive from what I seen. So I don't mind changing even if that means back to Three.

Back
Top Bottom