The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

I have an issue with REX clouds. I set the sky textures to clear blue but when I get into FSX there are clouds and I cant see the sky at all. Any one have any ideas as to why this is?

I get the green bar at the top of the screen saying REX weather has been loaded successfully. I just want a clear blue sky.

Thanks for any help on this.

Steve.

I have an issue with REX clouds. I set the sky textures to clear blue but when I get into FSX there are clouds and I cant see the sky at all. Any one have any ideas as to why this is?

I get the green bar at the top of the screen saying REX weather has been loaded successfully. I just want a clear blue sky.

Thanks for any help on this.

Steve.

Switch off the REX engine and when you choose weather at the start(free flight) choose clear sky.

Weird Problem

I keep getting a weird sound issue in FSX (Gold version).

It's starts up at default screen with the music playing, start a flight and the engine sounds etc. are all there. After about 30 secs the sound disappears. I've noticed it seems to be messing with the sound mixer settings in Windows (8) and reverting the default output to headphones. I change it back to speakers and it reverts it back to headphones again after a few seconds or sometimes it stays on speakers but sets the mixer sound to virtually mute (on FSX channel only). FSX is the only program that does this.

Any ideas other than re-install it?

I keep getting a weird sound issue in FSX (Gold version).

It's starts up at default screen with the music playing, start a flight and the..

Any ideas other than re-install it?

Is this the sounds settings in FSX or in the 'Sound' settings in Windows Control Panel?

Rolls Royce Power
<snip/>

That's a great photo! A380?

Weston FSC 2013 - A mini review..

It was fantastic to be asked to participate as a virtual Pilot on behalf of Vatsim UK South-West Division. Other exhibitors included Saitek, PC Pilot, Buffalo Virtual and a bloke who makes FSX 'Spitfire Controls' hardware.

On Friday I had a half-day at work and then drove over to the museum where we could drive our cars into the hanger to unload. Vatsim had a room to themselves.

At the entrance, you had Jersey Tower and Jersey Zone. Down the far end of the wall was Cardiff Radar, Bristol Radar, Bristol Tower, London West Control. Down the next wall you had the pilots and and on the final wall you had 2 more London Controllers. It was really good to put faces to names.

They had an impressive 'show' setup which included a console where proper flight strips were passed between controllers.

We had a 4G wireless setup for connectivity although I used my own phone.

I took my 2 PC setup. My main PC for running FSX and my 2nd PC for running EFB, FS-Inn and Plan-G.

My setup ended with:-

1. 2 PCs connected over ethernet via a small switch
2. PC 1 running 'easyTether' connected via a USB cable
3. PC 2 had the wireless USB adapter and accessed my phone's wireless hotspot mode.

Plan G wouldn't work on PC2 over the network for some reason so I ran that on PC1.

Thank you little Android phone. You worked wonders over 3G. On Saturday I used 267878 KB and Sunday was 169425 KB.

I had two USB headsets so visitors could listen in to what I was doing. This worked very well indeed using the excellent Virtual Audio Cable.

People were really impressed with what Vatsim offers. I also met Picnic - who it turns out I've met before!

Apologies for not posting more in this thread, but as you can appreciate I was all over the place.

I hope to fly this Tuesday - shared cockpit time with Picnic.

And for all those interested in using Vatsim, let me know what I can do to help you.

Pictures are on the twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/SouthWestRTS

Last edited:
Is this the sounds settings in FSX or in the 'Sound' settings in Windows Control Panel

It's the sound setting in Windows Control Panel - it mostly changes the default output form speakers to headphones but sometimes just turns volume right down on speakers (in Control Panel). Yesterday I was messing around in a F18 Hornet but it didn't happen. :confused:

I hope to fly this Tuesday - shared cockpit time with Picnic.

And for all those interested in using Vatsim, let me know what I can do to help you.

Pictures are on the twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/SouthWestRTS

Looks like you had a good weekend mate. I was about on Sunday and tried to get hold of you(I put a post in here)but I guess you were busy.

Good photos and a very professional set-up.

I should be around on Tuesday.

Is this the sounds settings in FSX or in the 'Sound' settings in Windows Control Panel?

That's a great photo! A380?

Yes, that's an A380. I was surprised by the realism of this pic too. I should have zoomed out more but wanted the emphasis on the RR engines at the time.

Sounds like you had a great time at Weston. I'm really interested in Vatsim also and am available via Mumble on Fri/Sat this week.

Yes, that's an A380. I was surprised by the realism of this pic too. I should have zoomed out more but wanted the emphasis on the RR engines at the time.

Sounds like you had a great time at Weston. I'm really interested in Vatsim also and am available via Mumble on Fri/Sat this week.

What package you get that from that's practically photo-realistic.

Back
Top Bottom