The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Associate
Hey blue,

On my previous install I used VFR Photo scenery and thought it was the all singing and dancing scenery to own. Then I found ORBX. I have Europe,Wales and one airport (EGKA Brighton) from the ORBX family. I still have the UK2000 scenery....Gatwick and Bristol but not installed them yet. EGFF came as a bonus with ORBX Wales.

I also have REX ESS plus O/D controlling sky and water textures. I've had a little tweak with the FSX graphics and changed some stuff in NVidia inspector. Not sure if it's made a lot of difference but in game looks good and i'm happy with it.

Not sure about flying this week due to work but I'll keep an eye out.

Associate
Hey blue,

On my previous install I used VFR Photo scenery and thought it was the all singing and dancing scenery to own. Then I found ORBX. I have Europe,Wales and one airport (EGKA Brighton) from the ORBX family. I still have the UK2000 scenery....Gatwick and Bristol but not installed them yet. EGFF came as a bonus with ORBX Wales.

I also have REX ESS plus O/D controlling sky and water textures. I've had a little tweak with the FSX graphics and changed some stuff in NVidia inspector. Not sure if it's made a lot of difference but in game looks good and i'm happy with it.

Not sure about flying this week due to work but I'll keep an eye out.

They look good mate. very nice. What tweaks did you make in NVidia inspector please?

Soldato
Screenshots can be taken by pressing the v key. Images are saved in Pictures in My Documents as a Bmp.

You can also use a third party tool such as FRAPS.

The nice artsy shots are normally 'shopped and the perfect angle is got be using something like Ez Dok camera tool.

Soldato
ATR sitting proud

fsx%202013-06-01%2020-20-15-99.png

ATR out of Liverpool to Kemble

fsx%202013-06-01%2020-52-25-35.png

iFly 737 on the ground at Bristol

fsx%202013-06-02%2013-56-57-02.png

ORBX Weather Setting

fsx%202013-06-02%2014-14-39-13.png

Bristol's Old Tower in the rain

fsx%202013-06-04%2020-46-59-93.png

The virtual office

fsx%202013-06-02%2014-30-36-78.png

Associate
Folks, I'm sick of my FSX at the moment. It's lagging like hell and I'm getting very low fps.
2500k Overclocked to 4.1/4.2ghz - 570GTX Performance edition

I'm going to reinstall FSX fully on a new HDD I'm looking to buy.

What should I install? FSX, Service pack 1, FSX Acceleration, REX, PMDG 737 800/900? That everything you's think I will need?

I normal fly from Newcastle or Manchester, should I invest in some more Payware?

Soldato
Hello The Badger.

Don't fret with FSX. It takes a little patience to tailor it towards your needs.

Firstly, have you looked at tweaking your fsx config file? There's numerous guide around the internet. They will help FSX make the most of the hardware you have.

Secondly, FSX in CPU intensive, so are you running much else with FSX e.g web browsers, downloads, media etc. Have a look in Task Manager whilst FSX is running to see what's consuming resource.

Thirdly, the settings such as high water, AI traffic, large weather patterns: clouds, thunderstorms all drop FPS in FSX. So putting your sliders up to max won't be helping.

As for payware, if you haven't got any other sceneries, maybe invest in ORBX England.

Associate
-snipzor-

I have used a tweak (cant remember what its called) were you upload it to a website click a few boxes and then save it.

As far as i'm aware i dont have anything else in the back ground.

I want my FSX to look the best it can for my system! I have a decent rig (IMO).

I used to have Ultimate Traffic 2, but i have now uninstalled that.

So I thought a fresh install may help it a little.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll hopefully be recieving my new computer tomorrow; what do you guys think I'll be ale to run FSX on settings wise with a core i5 2500k @ 4Ghz and Radeon HD 7950?

Edit: Also, whats the install size of FSX? I have a 120Gb SSD which'll have Windows 8 on so hopefully a good amount of space left over

Associate
I'll hopefully be recieving my new computer tomorrow; what do you guys think I'll be ale to run FSX on settings wise with a core i5 2500k @ 4Ghz and Radeon HD 7950?

Edit: Also, whats the install size of FSX? I have a 120Gb SSD which'll have Windows 8 on so hopefully a good amount of space left over

I have a 2500k and an HD7850 both at stock settings and I can run FSX at maximum graphics settings with REX HD weather textures. Virtually no visible drop in frame rate except in areas of extreme traffic (I also have about 50 AI files installed so the skies are rammed).

Back
Top Bottom