The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Permabanned
Associate
That is true.

But I think that as I post my picture sets on their forum, they are able to take any pictures from there to use it on their page. Although they could have at least credited my username or something.

Associate
All this shiny niceness is making we want to dust of my yoke and get flying again......

Haven't a clue what I have installed on my FSX at present as has been several months since I was last on there.

What are the 'must have recommended above all else' packages for terrain, textures, scenery, cameras (did like that vid and would like a go at making one myself)

Seem to recall I may have PMDG 737 and also am not sure but may have a Dash 8 Q400 in a hangar somewhere :D

Associate
I used FSRecorder to record the flight and then used EZDok camera to change the angle and show the wing shake. I then used Sony Vegas to add the render of the window and the glass effect layer. I then added camera shake to the whole video.

I find EZDok the best addon for making custom camera angles but if you have OpusFSX that also works well. Both of them have shake effects.

For terrain, Ultimate Terrain X: Europe is the best as it adds realistic placement of shorelines, beaches and roads. FSGlobal and FSGenesis also add realistic mesh.

For scenery and textures I recommend the addons from Orbx. Their EU England, Scotland and Wales look amazing for low and slow flying and you get added immersion when taking off and landing in bigger jets. The imminent release of FTX Global will improve the whole worlds default textures as well.
VFR Generation X is also good if you prefer photo realistic scenery, but looks very flat when flying below 5,000ft and their is no autogen. Although you can use Treescapes to add trees.

Associate
If you want to try the VFR GenX route, i find that trescapes along with a few freeware packages such as FSX power project, UK VFR mills/refineries/ANO (google them) really do flesh it out a lot in rurual ares and smaller towns/cities. Large cities still look a bit flat though.

Other thing to mention is all this stuff impacts performance and does need a bit of tweaking to avoid OOMs

Associate
With all the recent hot weather, I have made a set showing the Airbus X Extended at popular summer holiday destinations:

Landing at Princess Juliana:
DRJNM.jpg

Landing at Weeze - Niederrhein:
n7IL.jpg

At the gates - Weeze:
oxdXH.jpg

Landing at Gibraltar:
kcDRS.jpg

Approaching Dubai:
MXZUq.jpg

Landing at Skiathos:
1gzmS.jpg

On the way to Cairo International:
ePjgy.jpg

Departing Nice Cote d'Azur:
Yfmj.jpg

Approaching Ibiza:
KPv0r.jpg

Ready to depart Athens:
OBFT8.jpg

Early morning somewhere over Europe:
p9BN3.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Just had a quick browse on avsim and came across two very interesting articles:

First, the guy behind the FSX DX10 fixes has developed a patch to fix the white/grey/blank fs8/fs9 models under DX10. Not been released yet and the guy has decided to put a currently unspecified price on it: Link

Second is a quote from a Prepar3d dev confirming that the upcoming P3d v2.0 WILL (for the most of it...) be backwards compatible with FSX/P3d v1.x addons: link

Good news all round!

Associate
Just had a quick browse on avsim and came across two very interesting articles:

First, the guy behind the FSX DX10 fixes has developed a patch to fix the white/grey/blank fs8/fs9 models under DX10. Not been released yet and the guy has decided to put a currently unspecified price on it: Link

Second is a quote from a Prepar3d dev confirming that the upcoming P3d v2.0 WILL (for the most of it...) be backwards compatible with FSX/P3d v1.x addons: link

Good news all round!

Great news about P3D. I have 1.4 and eagerly waiting for v2.

Permabanned
P3D 2.0 is certainly exiting stuff...could this be our flight sim platform for the future??

I believe it's compatibility with with current addons will make or break it for me.

I reckon have spent well in excess of £1000 on FSX addons over the last 2 years...If I can safely port the vast majority of these over to P3D 2.0 without major issue then the transition is a no-brainer.

#holdsbreath :D

Back
Top Bottom