The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Associate
here you go.

If you look there is like a white haze on each photo. Maybe I'm seeing things :rolleyes: :p

Elstree.

4kyh.png

PMDG 747-400 arriving at Gatwick.

umjk.png

2rwc.png

yioh.png

Associate
Finally managed to figure out what I have for this now

Flight 1 Stuff

Ultimate Terrain X - Europe
Carenado C152
Level D 767
ATR 72-500

Other Stuff

REX + Overdrive

Playsims VFR Vols 1,2,3,6,7,8

PMDG 737.

FSUIPC

My questions are....

1 - Is it worth me getting the ORBX for England? Can this be installed along with the Ultimate Terrain?
2 - Only have 2 of the VFR packs installed, so they wont be missed if the answer is yes to question 1
3 - If ORBX is the way to go, I take it a complete wipe and fresh install would be the way forward?

Soldato
I've had a go at making my first FSX video and thought I would share.

It shows an Easyjet A320 on a short approach and landing at London Stansted's runway 22 with taxiing to the gates.

Just a shame that there is some of the worst ATC AI traffic directing. =/

<youtube vid>

Dappo, could you list what expansion packs you are using with FSX to produce that youtube video? Scenery looks excellent - also what aircraft do you find the most realistic? Thanks

Edit: Whoops, scrolled down and saw you mentioned it! Apologies :D

Even so, are all your screenshots i.e; Gibraltar, Ibiza etc are they all from one scenery package or are they from an individual airport scenery package bought separately for each airport?

Last edited:
Associate
Even so, are all your screenshots i.e; Gibraltar, Ibiza etc are they all from one scenery package or are they from an individual airport scenery package bought separately for each airport?

Most of them are all individual airports but if you are looking for holiday airports to fly to, Aerosoft has some bundles with multiple airports such as:

Balearic Islands X: http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10252

Which includes detailed airports for Ibiza, Menorca, Mallorca and Formentera.

Holiday airports: http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.p...DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight Simulation

Including detailed airports for Faro, Kos, Monastir and Antalya

German Regional Airports: http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.p...category=flight simulation&s_language=english

Bundle including Frankfurt-Hahn, FRankfurt-Egelsbach, Niederrhein-Weeze, Erfurt and Saarbruecken.

Everything else is a single airport from Aerosoft, FlyTampa, UK2000 etc.

also what aircraft do you find the most realistic?

The three main aircraft I fly are the PMDG 737NGX, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus X Extended.

The most realistic is definitely the PMDG 737. The Q400 is also very realistic and in my opinion is more fun to fly. Finally, the AXE is not as complex or as realistic as the other two, but still has excellent systems, pilot and co-pilot audio checklists and background ATC and cabin announcements.

Associate
Hi.

Looking at upgrading from my MSI 560ti to something more modern.

How are the Geforce 770s holding up since they've been released?

What do you recommend for FSX?

Permabanned
Hi.

Looking at upgrading from my MSI 560ti to something more modern.

How are the Geforce 770s holding up since they've been released?

What do you recommend for FSX?

3GB cards are pretty useless for FSX, as its a 32-bit application it can only address 4Gb of VAS. You would run out of CPU grunt long before you would require 3Gb of VRAM

I run lots of hi res texture addons (Photoreal scenery, REX, PMDG Aircraft etc) and have never seen my graphics ram exceed 1.3Gb.

FSX prefers gpu's with as high a memory bandwidth as possible as it uses CPU draw calls to render the engine.
With this in mind you would be better to avoid the Geforce 600 series as they only have a 256 bit bus.

If I were you I would opt for a GTX 580, or if you can up your budget to afford a GTX 780.
Both of these cards have a better memory bus than your 560 or the Nvidia 600 range.

I cannont comment on AMD cards as I have only ever used Nvidia for FSX and have only ever hear Nvidia being recommended for FSX due to the fact you can utilize Nvidia Inspector to force Anti-alaising

Also, put the kettle on, settle down and read this "FSX Bible" thread by NickN
(published on 1st July 2013; so it's current and relevant)

http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom