The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Associate
There is a reason i fly VFR :D

Been doing a little tour in the AW139 recently, UK > Norway > Sweden > Finland > Russia > Svalbard > Greenland > Iceland > Faroe Islands and back to the UK.
Currently in Iceland, will be flying around the island seeing as it has a load of user enhanced airports and going where the mission generator plugin takes me!

AW139_32.jpg

AW139%20-%202019-04-26%2016.50.01.jpg

AW139_27.jpg

AW139_31.jpg

route.jpg

Soldato
Aye. Its just annoying that when in game and pressing m you can't scroll all over the world to see what the waypoints should be. That's irritating.

Have a look at LittleNavMap. Brilliant programme for navigation but again, will have a different nav database compared to XP and some add-ons.

Navigraph is well worth a one off payment to bring everything in line.

Soldato
Have a look at LittleNavMap. Brilliant programme for navigation but again, will have a different nav database compared to XP and some add-ons.

Navigraph is well worth a one off payment to bring everything in line.

Fair. I might just lump a one off payment. As long as it doesn't changed a lot from month to month then that will be ok. Got a few mods installed already, Zibo 737, better pushback, airport environment hd and am currently processing around 61 tiles in Ortho4XP for the UK. Don't feel much up to paying for the Orbx stuff quite yet. Not set up my Rift yet but looking forwards to using it!

Associate
Are any of you guys using x plane and VR? If so how is the experience? I'm looking to get back in to flight simming at some point and I figured this time round I might jump on the VR bandwagon esp with the new headset from valve just round the corner

Soldato
Are any of you guys using x plane and VR? If so how is the experience? I'm looking to get back in to flight simming at some point and I figured this time round I might jump on the VR bandwagon esp with the new headset from valve just round the corner

I'll let you know tomorrow if I get round to it. Got a rift for racing games and its fantastic. Not sure it will be so good with flight sims as its likely the detail will be a bit blury in the distance but cockpits should look good.

Soldato
ORBX have pretty decent sales 4-5 times a year, grab some stuff from there then, often 50% off when they have a sale

A question about their stuff....it can take up pretty hefty chunks of hard drive space and my SSD which XP11 is installed to only has limited space. Therefore, can you download the Orbx stuff to another drive and just link it across or do you have to install it directly to that drive?

Soldato
So, I'm having real issues with the default X Plane 11 FMC for the 737-800. It just does erratic things, forgets destination airport and it flat out refuses to recognise airways!!! Just keeps saying invalid entry. Anyone know if its me that's doing something wrong or X Plane?

Soldato
So, I'm having real issues with the default X Plane 11 FMC for the 737-800. It just does erratic things, forgets destination airport and it flat out refuses to recognise airways!!! Just keeps saying invalid entry. Anyone know if its me that's doing something wrong or X Plane?

Honestly just use the Zibo mod. The default 738 is very far from complete, especially the FMC.

Soldato
Yeah I've used that now. Programmed my route from Manc to Palma Majorca and everything is fine except the plane wontw automatically descend. Cant figure it out. Unless im supposed to switch it to vs mode to descend.

Soldato
Yeah I did that, tweaked the dial down to about 2500 but nothing happened. Im beginning to wonder if I did something wrong in the FMC. I had a top of descent on the fmc but it made no difference. Im a total noob at this so there is likely to be a multitude of errors but i seem to have cracked the lnav and tracking the route, its just the height thats all a mess.

Soldato
This is frustrating the hell out of me now. I've just flown a route and from Heathrow to Edinburgh and it followed the route precisely, put me on a perfect landing approach to the poin t where I just had to hit the APP button and it guided me down perfectly. The ONLY thing that is confounding me at the moment is that I can't get the FMC to display the Top of Climb or the Top of Descent, hence the plane will not descend to the correct heights automatically. I don't know what I'm doing wrong as I had to hit the V/S button and arbitrarily decrease my height and rate of drop. Its totally baffling. I set me cruise alt on the MCP and it climbs to that fine, when I've reached say FL280 (my max height) I reduce the alt to 3000 which is my next low point - it stays on ALT HOLD but then doesn't automatically switch over at the Top of Descent....because somehow the FMC has not got it programmed in. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Using the stock plane, may be better using the Zibo mod.

Back
Top Bottom