** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

I am lucky enough to be in Florida during the next SpaceX launch on 8th April. Can anyone provide some advice so I can get a good view of the launch?

Is it best to visit Kennedy that day or shall i watch elsewhere and plan my visit to the space center on another day?

Jetty Park is a great spot. We watched a satellite launch from there about 5 years ago (Stereo; pair of satellites to study solar outbursts). There's a long fisherman's pier out in the sea at Jetty Park and if you get there early enough you can great probably the best view of the launch pads at Canaveral AFB.

Looking at Wikpedia, it seems they use launch complex 40 these days which is at the north end of the Air Force base. Therefore you might be better parking around the cruise ship terminals in Port Canaveral and watching across the Banana River lagoon. Do some research online beforehand as I recall there being a lot of nice wide verge at the side of the road where you could pull over. I dont think you can get any closer without entering the AFB, which is a real no-no....

Knowing SpaceX it will probably take 3 attempts to launch, but good luck, it's an amazing thing to watch.

We have another 360° view. The International Space Station’s fourth module, Destiny. Launched on 7 February 2001 on Space Shuttle Atlantis:

The American module is the heart of the non-Russian part of the Station according to ESA astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti (who took the pictures to create this view). The module allows experiments to be performed in many disciplines, from biology to physics, including a rack for burning liquids in weightlessness and the European Microgravity Science Glovebox.

Back
Top Bottom