** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Soldato
I think the massive PR generated by what is essentially a stunt and subsequent interest in this industry and sciences far outweighs the impact of a single car.

Would people be jumping down NASA's throat for doing the same thing?: Yes.
Would people be jumping down ESA's throat for doing the same thing?: Yes.
Would people be jumping down Roscosmos throat for doing the same thing?: Yes.
Would people be jumping down ISRO's throat for doing the same thing?: Yes.
Would people be jumping down CNSA's throat for doing the same thing?: Yes.

If we start giving private companies free reign to do whatever the hell they feel like in space and cut all the corners they like that's a very very slippery slope.

Soldato
It's not orbiting the earth which is where our concerns about space junk are :confused:

It's on a massive solar orbit.....you know, with all those other millions/billions bits of "space junk"....don't fret, I don't think private companies will be filling the solar system up with old CEO cars

Man of Honour
just reviewing the rocket user guide http://www.spacex.com/sites/spacex/files/falcon_9_users_guide_rev_2.0.pdf
can't see the pricing - but shows the telemtry streams available - need a communications engineer to see why no 4k live stream

39231615225_4dc7061cf1_o_d.jpg

EDIT: Looks like video is sent on the S-Bands in this instance - quick google suggests around 25Mbit/s each for those theoretical max.

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Would people be jumping down NASA's throat for doing the same thing?: Yes.
Would people be jumping down ESA's throat for doing the same thing?: Yes.
Would people be jumping down Roscosmos throat for doing the same thing?: Yes.
Would people be jumping down ISRO's throat for doing the same thing?: Yes.
Would people be jumping down CNSA's throat for doing the same thing?: Yes.

Would they be right to do so?: No.

;)

Associate
Cannot believe the utter nonsense i am seeing all over the internet from retards moaning about spending money on this, or sending a car up ect...
FFS what is wrong with some folk, were brains in short supply when they were conceived?

Man of Honour
Cannot believe the utter nonsense i am seeing all over the internet from retards moaning about spending money on this, or sending a car up ect...
FFS what is wrong with some folk, were brains in short supply when they were conceived?
Lots of people want to be edgey and have no idea what they are talking about bout.
They have no idea it was the first launch, and had good odds of blowing up. Or it needed a simulation payload, or that it was testing for SpaceX first beyond gto flight etc. Or they hear space junk and don't have a clue what it's about, but moan anyway.

Man of Honour

So many people are inward looking and short term in their thinking.

Back
Top Bottom