** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Man of Honour
OP
My favourite window:

r95f.jpg

A view of Earth as seen from the Cupola on the Earth-facing side of the International Space Station. Visible in the top left foreground is a Russian Soyuz crew capsule. In the lower right corner, a solar array panel can be seen.

This photo was taken from the ISS on June 12, 2013.

Image Credit: NASA

Soldato
Associate
Looking to get into astrophotography (free trips to IOW so can get to the outer side couple times a month) and have found this telescope which allows for conversion:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seben-700-7...TF8&qid=1371724609&sr=8-1&keywords=B00426KOQI

To me that looks good, it's decently specced to start with and the reviews state good build quality as well.

Anything I'm missing here?

That looks identical to the unit sold by Tchibo (TCM the coffee shop place), who I think folded in the UK. I was gifted one but we had to return it twice before getting one that didn't wobble.
It was the top black bracket with the silver bar (in the pic) that was the problem.
For the money it's an absolute bargain, providing you get one that doesn't come with a bunch of manufacturing faults.
A brief scan of the reviews doesn't scream awful product but it's still a dirt cheap scope considering what you would pay for something equivalent higher up the scale.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm so the search continues, thanks!

I just want to be able to get stable photos to start with and if it turns into a thing I like doing often then look at better things.

Man of Honour
OP
Looking to get into astrophotography (free trips to IOW so can get to the outer side couple times a month) and have found this telescope which allows for conversion:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seben-700-7...TF8&qid=1371724609&sr=8-1&keywords=B00426KOQI

To me that looks good, it's decently specced to start with and the reviews state good build quality as well.

Anything I'm missing here?

Wrong thread, take a look in the astronomy thread where we have people taking pictures. If you search the photo forum there will be info in there as well.

Man of Honour
Just been reading up on space x planned missions to mars. What I didnt realise is in relation to grasshopper. Apparently the 6th falcon 9 launch schedual in JUne will have a powered descent over water. Apparently that was announced in March 2013, anyone know if this is still the case? And I assume that will be another ISS launch?

Edit - it's launching CASSIOPE and launch has been rescheduled for 5th of September.
I think I'm right in saying this uses the new jerkin engines, first flight from Vandenberg Air Force Base and the first attempted vertical powered splashdown.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Brilliant video that.

And why is nasa bothering with SLS it blantent lay obviously to everyone in the industry it will never fly, why waste the 100s of billions, contract spaceX heavy falcon.

Oh and nasa will not be allowed to grab an asteroid, after the congress meeting and congress also told by several industry leaders that with current funding nasa will never go to mars.
As for the administration's proposed mission to robotically capture a small asteroid and tow it back to the moon's vicinity for eventual manned visits, Palazzo said NASA had failed to provide a credible justification for the program or enough details to warrant funding.

"Because the mission appears to be a costly and complex distraction, this bill prohibits NASA from doing any work on the project, and we will work with appropriators to ensure the agency complies with this directive," he said.

What a total waste. Nasa should focus on Orion and the other stuff needed, ESA are already contracted for the propulsion unit and take some f the savings from scrapping SLS and help fund spaceX heavy falcon for the launch system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom