***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I hate paying for a game and not seeing it through to the end.

Same. But if it is that bad I won't bother. I did that years ago when I was going through my steam collection. I made different folders. Some I am unlikely play again. And really offending ones I out right hid. Lol.

At one point I had no games in my backlog. I have been picky with games. But lately I have had build up of games I want to play and even worse I have a bunch of games I want to replay.

Trouble iswe keep getting new games I want to play now so other go on the back burner. What I might do going forward is unless it is a must play just wait for the new games 12 months for them to be beta tested and heavily slashed in price before buying.

Like I do want to play the new God of War, but do I have the urge to play it on launch like I did with Horizon Forbiden West? Not really. So maybe it can wait.

Caporegime
Strange mentality to want to uninstall a game but keep playing it.

Seeing it through to the end will probably just make you hate it more if you can't bear to play it, so it's not like you're getting any more value out of the game.

Cut your losses and spend those hours doing something you'll actually enjoy?

Soldato
I could get it if maybe you liked the story but hated everything else, but this one doesn't have a particularly satisfying or deep story so not worth the effort I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I could get it if maybe you liked the story but hated everything else, but this one doesn't have a particularly satisfying or deep story so not worth the effort I think.

Yep. There has to be something I like to keep playing. And even then I might still uninstall. Case in point Red Dead Redemption 2. Uninstalled it like 3-4 times. Lol

I like the graphics and a bunch of other things about it. But can't stand that you can't save whenever you want and story did not grip me the way the first one did.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Sometimes you have to.

I've barely played Forza Motorsport since paying sixty odd quid for it, it's just such a crap, poorly optimized game.

And for me is it Forza Horizon 4 (I think). It has been installed for a couple of years at least now. Just not doing it for me. Never get the urge to play it. One day... I will uninstall it :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Has a release date for the first dlc been announced yet? At this point, it's the only thing that would get me playing again.

Soldato
Did you complete the game Jonney? Or gave up?
Gave up.

Made me wanna play star citizen instead even more.

Ask any person that has played both and most will say the same thing aka it made them want to play star citizen more due to how shallow, repetitive and restricted Starfield really is.

Its worse than the fallout games in terms of restrictions imo.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Gave up.

Ask any person that has played both and most will say the same thing aka it made them want to play star citizen more due to how shallow, repetitive and restricted Starfield really is.

Interesting. But when I had a go of star citizen like 6-12 months ago it was just a buggy mess so I gave up. Going to try again next year. Too many other games I need to complete to play SC right now :D

Soldato
Interesting. But when I had a go of star citizen like 6-12 months ago it was just a buggy mess so I gave up. Going to try again next year. Too many other games I need to complete to play SC right now :D
When you say u had a go. What did u do on it. Who was u playing with?

How long did you play it?

Best way to experience it is to jump online with one of us to help guide u and show u things to do and avoid due to bugs etc.

The game needs hand holding for sure.

Anyways I would wait for 4.0 before jumping in and when you do. Holla at any of us in the sc thread.

Soldato
Gave up.

I dunnnno man :p

• My inventory didn't fall out of my cargo hold when I 'flew' my ship.
  • Didn't get to a mission objective to find the item/person I needed to finish it just wasn't there.
  • Didn't try to get indoctrinated into a cult.
  • Could load up and play, didn't have to spend 15m putting pants on, walking to a metro station to walk to a lift to get to a hangar to get in a ship.
  • Experience not ruined by sweaty try-hards who base their whole personality around the game and have an RSI tattoo.
  • Didn't tempt me to buy nice joysticks I barely use :D because lets face it, there was no need for what was basically a minigame in space.
  • Can run at 4K well over over 60fps constantly
  • Isn't an alpha.
  • Didn't have to huff copium before every patch "this will be the one guys, this will be the one that means you won't fall out of an elevator".
  • Didn't spawn a second cult of people who actively hate the game/company.

That said, I still think it was a bloody stupid comparison in the first place. It's like people's brains can't comprehend there being a difference between two games set in space and both have star in their name. I'm able to enjoy both so I'm sure others can too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Soldato
I dunnnno man :p

• My inventory didn't fall out of my cargo hold when I 'flew' my ship.
  • Didn't get to a mission objective to find the item/person I needed to finish it just wasn't there.
  • Didn't try to get indoctrinated into a cult.
  • Could load up and play, didn't have to spend 15m putting pants on, walking to a metro station to walk to a lift to get to a hangar to get in a ship.
  • Experience not ruined by sweaty try-hards who base their whole personality around the game and have an RSI tattoo.
  • Didn't tempt me to buy nice joysticks I barely use :D because lets face it, there was no need for what was basically a minigame in space.
  • Can run at 4K well over over 60fps constantly
  • Isn't an alpha.
  • Didn't have to huff copium before every patch "this will be the one guys, this will be the one that means you won't fall out of an elevator".
  • Didn't spawn a second cult of people who actively hate the game/company.

That said, I still think it was a bloody stupid comparison in the first place. It's like people's brains can't comprehend there being a difference between two games set in space and both have star in their name. I'm able to enjoy both so I'm sure others can too.
Well in Starfield there is barely any flying in a ship lol.

Yea sc has lots of bugs but for me it offers more depth scope and potential than star field.

Even no man's sky is way better than Starfield imo

Soldato
Well in Starfield there is barely any flying in a ship lol.

Yea sc has lots of bugs but for me it offers more depth scope and potential than star field.

Even no man's sky is way better than Starfield imo

Yeah that's why I said it was a 'mini game in space' lol. To the point I don't think I'd be bothered if the space combat stuff didn't exist at all!
I do quite like NMS for a switch off your brain type session for sure.
SC trumps both of them for immersion though.

Soldato
Yeah that's why I said it was a 'mini game in space' lol. To the point I don't think I'd be bothered if the space combat stuff didn't exist at all!
I do quite like NMS for a switch off your brain type session for sure.
SC trumps both of them for immersion though.
i think i prefer outerworlds then SF. in there it is very similar to SF where u pick and choose a place to auto land. the places u land in outerworlds seem larger and mch more going on in there

Soldato

Chop the DLC down to a few well made large planets and suddenly the game would be a lot better.

Make each dlc a single detailed planet and I'd probably be interested. Varied building style/ environment for each planet. A few of those- desert planet, jungle, plains and canyons, ice.

After a four or five planets, a basic, fun, space combat dlc- Freelancer style, without too much complexity.

Later on, add in the space trading mechanic. Either manual, or with factions. Keep it simple again.

That's pretty much what I wanted at the start, not 1,000 duplicate planets and that stupid base system.

Back
Top Bottom