*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
i have a few questions for folk here using the heroic launcher. probably me being thick but.....

1) I installed epic store freebie cave story. the controls were bad but I was able to download a custom controls profile for it and it worked fine..... however unlike the steam native games the control profile does not appear to be per game and it set the controls for ALL my heroic games. This is a pita. is there anyway to save per game profiles and it auto change to the controls ?

2) there is an option in heroic to add to steam library. I click this and it says it is done, but when i exit heroic and go to steam the games are still not showing in my library.

please help. thanks.

2) have you restarted Steam?

Associate
i have a few questions for folk here using the heroic launcher. probably me being thick but.....

1) I installed epic store freebie cave story. the controls were bad but I was able to download a custom controls profile for it and it worked fine..... however unlike the steam native games the control profile does not appear to be per game and it set the controls for ALL my heroic games. This is a pita. is there anyway to save per game profiles and it auto change to the controls ?

2) there is an option in heroic to add to steam library. I click this and it says it is done, but when i exit heroic and go to steam the games are still not showing in my library.

please help. thanks.
Letting the Heroic launcher add a non steam, should put it in the non steam game tab of your library.

Associate
i got the ivoler dock works great with the steam deck

i also finally got around to configuring herioic launcher works like a charm with Epic games most games i've tried work straight after installation

Associate
The jungle related site I mean
Thats not the official price, i think there due within the month in the UK and im really hoping there around £150 ish as my 64gb is just filiing up so much for some daft reason even tho all my games are installed onto the 512gb, i bought uncharted from my santa money and i had no space to install it because it installs some of the stuff on the internal memory so had to pop in and delete stuff which is a faff

Soldato
Thats not the official price, i think there due within the month in the UK and im really hoping there around £150 ish as my 64gb is just filiing up so much for some daft reason even tho all my games are installed onto the 512gb, i bought uncharted from my santa money and i had no space to install it because it installs some of the stuff on the internal memory so had to pop in and delete stuff which is a faff

That'll be the shader cache that's gobbling up the space. On Windows you can move it via command line using psolibrariesroot but don't know if it will work on SteamOS.

Associate
No, it's purely to delete shadercache and comp data from games you've uninstalled already (and so might be taking up valuable space)

The only thing you can do for games that are installed (apart from get a bigger SSD) is to point the shader cache location the SD card (not massively recommended I believe)

Last edited:
Associate
No, it's purely to delete shadercache and comp data from games you've uninstalled already (and so might be taking up valuable space)

The only thing you can do for games that are installed (apart from get a bigger SSD) is to point the shader cache location the SD card (not massively recommended I believe)
Yea its not recommended i have an app installed which deletes all shader cache forgot whats its called at the min but it deleted it all and when i went back to play god of war it was a stuttery mess and had to redownload the whole game. Im waiting for the 1tb Sabrent Rocket 2230 NVMe drives

Back
Top Bottom