*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
Has anyone come across a more compact case that has a few slots for micro SD cards? Currently I just have my spare Micro SD card kinda just loosely knocking around inside the case.

I just wish the case was better suited for the charger! It perfectly fits the US style plug but always falls out for me using the UK plug.

Associate
Anyone had issues with the virtual keyboard refusing to open with the shortcut? Worked fine for a few days but nothing I can do seems to open it. Tried desktop and game mode and still the same.

Soldato
Well, giving more patience to the Deck.

Bought the official dock, 512mb sd card. About to pickup a ps5 controller today. Have it hooked up to the living room TV.

Witcher 3 looks fantastic on my TV with the deck. Totally unexpected. Assuming that is FSR doing its thing.

Last edited:
Associate
I cannot for the life of me get God of war working without it crashing 5 mins later in game, ive done the swappiness and vram trick and still no go it hits 11.2gb of memory and then stutters and crashes ive uninstalled it and re installed it 4 times its doing my head in, has anyone managed to play it smoothly ?

Permabanned
I cannot for the life of me get God of war working without it crashing 5 mins later in game, ive done the swappiness and vram trick and still no go it hits 11.2gb of memory and then stutters and crashes ive uninstalled it and re installed it 4 times its doing my head in, has anyone managed to play it smoothly ?
No problem here? Played about 2/3 hours without a crash in Windows.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone tried playing Dishonored from epic via Heroic?

My saves keep dissappearing after a shutdown, never had issues with any other games via Heroic.

Edit: fixed by changing the winecfg path to the correct one, unsure why it wasn't correct

Last edited:
Soldato
I have been very restrained for the Steam sale

Batman Arkham Origins - £3.74
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition - £17.19
Black Mesa - £3.74
FAR: Changing Tides - £8.24
Red Dead Redemption 2 - £18.14
Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered - £37.49
Against the Storm - £14.39

I have maybe one more purchase as Im considering Halo Master Chief collection as I am one of the few people who have never played any Halo game ever - it it worth it? Are the games any good?
I also saw somewhere that it might be possible with a bit of fudging to get Elite Dangerous working on the deck, I sort of hope so, and sort of hope not as there are not enough hours in the day for that addiction if it is still as good as I remember when I used to play

Back
Top Bottom