*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
Anyone using a third party screen protector with anti glare?
I am, but took me three attempts to find one I was happy with. First was a fingerprint magnet, the second was a poor fit, but the third was perfect!

£9.99 35%OFF | Mooroer 3Pc Protector Screen for Steam Deck Screen Protector Compatible with Steam Deck 2022 Tempered Glass Protective Screen

Associate
Steam OS 3.4.6 is available in the Preview channel and has updated GPU drivers. I upgraded at the weekend and not had any issues, It didnt kill my dual boot either for anyone running Windows.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Finally joined the club, picked up a 512 a few days ago to go with my Ayn Odin.

It's way better than I was expecting, I thought the size would be an issue, but in reality it's a great size for playing just at home on the sofa.. only issue is I think the screen should have been larger and much smaller bezels. It also gets quite hot when playing game.s.

So far everything I've tried has played well apart from DOA 6 which just crashes on run.

Soldato
Can't decide between the 256 (and getting a micro sd if needed) or 512GB version. Is the anti-glare worth it? I'd be playing 90%~ of the time in my living room.

Caporegime
Can't decide between the 256 (and getting a micro sd if needed) or 512GB version. Is the anti-glare worth it? I'd be playing 90%~ of the time in my living room.

I personally prefer a glossy screen, like a phone, so no. Plus the screen becomes redundant if you use it like a PC/console like i do and connect it to the TV.

The money saved can go towards a 1TB micro SD card too.

(I also put a glass screen protector on mine as I prefer a glass screen to the touch as well, like a phone)

Soldato
I personally prefer a glossy screen, like a phone, so no. Plus the screen becomes redundant if you use it like a PC/console like i do and connect it to the TV.

The money saved can go towards a 1TB micro SD card too.

(I also put a glass screen protector on mine as I prefer a glass screen to the touch as well, like a phone)
I'll probably never connect it to the TV and use it as a console, it'll almost exclusivly be used as a handheld.

Caporegime
I'll probably never connect it to the TV and use it as a console, it'll almost exclusivly be used as a handheld.

Then it's personal preference on the screen, and an objective thing about the price for storage/value vs micr SD card.

I personally dislike the anti glare screens, like on monitors, some reason I am able to mentally ignore a reflection of a light source on the screen better than a spread out nature of the anti-glare. So this is something of a personal preference.

Like I said, my phone, iPad, my iMac and Macbook all have glossy screens and prefer them that way.

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't use the screen as a differentiator- I've used both and both are great. Decide the model based on the storage you want.

I will say that with a 512Gb deck and 512Gb SD card, I still want more space and often have to shuffle games.

Soldato
If I was to buy one now (I already have a 1TB) then I would get the 64GB one and get a 2TB upgrade from rival store for another £200 (2TB WD PC SN740 M.2 (2230) and still be cheaper than a 512MB steam deck

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm looking in to maybe buying one of these.

Does it allow me to login through my PC account on the device and play the games I've got in my library?
As long as they’re compatible with SteamOS. You can of course install Windows on it but so far I’ve not had any compatibility issues.

Associate
ive been thinking about one of these, i'd probably just make do with the 64gb and a 128gb sd card that i already have. I have loads of small indy games that are probably loads of fun, and just have a few installed at a time. If i find i need more space, i'd invest, but i wouldnt straight off the bat.

Soldato
ive been thinking about one of these, i'd probably just make do with the 64gb and a 128gb sd card that i already have. I have loads of small indy games that are probably loads of fun, and just have a few installed at a time. If i find i need more space, i'd invest, but i wouldnt straight off the bat.
I have the 64gb version and an 512 sd card and going on fine tbh with newer games and Indy ones :)

Back
Top Bottom