*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
Only if you're on the beta client, it's not out on stable yet. Both Steam Deck and Steam on PC needs to be set to the beta channel.

EDIT: It's pretty seamless if both devices are already on: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/46BD-6BA8-B012-CE43
It works great, i used it to transfer Hogwarts to the deck without issue. One thing to note, is the latest beta is causig issues with the Decky plugin manager, so i had to go back to stable after transferring

Last edited:
Soldato
Got Win 11 back on my deck (well put the Rocket ssd back in) and the issues I posted about earlier in the thread have been resolved. Looks like a combination of Steam Deck Tools update and tweaking with the login details (defaulting to win hello???) have fixed the two main issues.

Annoyingly Oblivion via Gamepads still doesn’t work properly. With either controller setting in SDT I could either look or swing my weapon but not move. I also couldn’t get out of the game without an external keyboard. I kind of assumed it would have 360 controls baked in given it’s on Gamepass /X box app.

Still at least that matches my Steam OS experience.

One positive so far is Skyrim runs better with less dips from 60FPS at the same settings. Nice!

Soldato
Best windows option like emudeck for windows, as im only running windows on the deck.
or best options for emulator.
There's a beta version for Windows but it requires you to subscribe to their Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/emudeck-windows-76439428

If not there's Playnite but I've not tried it myself: https://playnite.link

Just a note I have found emulation to be better on SteamOS, although there are some like Yuzu that are more stable on Windows.

Soldato
Best windows option like emudeck for windows, as im only running windows on the deck.
or best options for emulator.
I use

Batocera​

Direct Boot from Sd Card in the deck, Power on the Steam Deck while holding the Volume down button to enter the boot manager then select the Sd card. This keeps everything on the card and doesn't mess around with the Steam Os Ui

Associate
I use

Batocera​

Direct Boot from Sd Card in the deck, Power on the Steam Deck while holding the Volume down button to enter the boot manager then select the Sd card. This keeps everything on the card and doesn't mess around with the Steam Os Ui
Have been reading about this one, but only found yt videos using steamOS, but very interested in this one especially as you can stick it on your micro sd card.

Caporegime
I picked up this case over Christmas ready for my flight this month, but could not figure out how to carry my microSD card for my retro game together….nothing a bit of masking tape can’t fix…it will work!

(I could use black duct tape but this blue masking tape stands out more so will notice if it comes off)

ZmF1Ezg.jpg

0RA88yb.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Hi
Has anyone here got Diablo 3 as well as diablo 2 remastered working on the deck? i just picked up the discounted bundle on the Blizzard store for £16

if so do the controls map ok?

thanks
Not tried disblo 3, but diablo 2 remastered plays perfectly, and just defaults to console ui which is fantastic. Actually prefer it to the classic "clickclickclickclick"

Soldato
I picked up this case over Christmas ready for my flight this month, but could not figure out how to carry my microSD card for my retro game together….nothing a bit of masking tape can’t fix…it will work!

(I could use black duct tape but this blue masking tape stands out more so will notice if it comes off)

ZmF1Ezg.jpg

0RA88yb.jpg

Have you looked at the Deck mate?

I primarily bought it for the stand and ability to mount a battery bank but the slots to store 2 SD cards is useful too.

Caporegime
Have you looked at the Deck mate?

I primarily bought it for the stand and ability to mount a battery bank but the slots to store 2 SD cards is useful too.

I’ve heard of them but I needed something to work with this skin tight case too. I am not using the official one on the flight You see so just need a place to hold the SD card together with the machine.

It‘s only a temporary solution for the trip, will see how well it works.

Permabanned

ZmF1Ezg.jpg

0RA88yb.jpg

£2

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Managed to clone my 64 SSD to the new 1 TB NVME. Was actually super easy and the deck will do it all for you with one command, only took about 10 minutes. Just need to get time to open the deck up and swap the drives now.

The command is: sudo dd if=/dev/nvme0n1 of=/dev/sda oflag=sync bs=128M status=progress if anyone needs it. You need to do it in desktop mode using the konsole. Just make sure that your internal drive is nvme0n1, and your new one is sda (you can change the names to reflect yours if they are different). You can use a cheap usb-c nvme enclosure in order to let the cloning take place.

Back
Top Bottom