*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
Tempted by the reduction. Getting the 64GB amd adding an NVME afterwards seems the best move. Any issues with doing it that way?
Absolutely not I did exactly the same thing when I got my deck I ordered a 1tb sabrent rocket and it only cost £500 all in and installed it the day I received the deck and it was a simple easy process that all together after installa took about 40mins . Didn’t care for the premium glass screen as it really isn’t that good

Soldato
Has anyone bought a JSAUX backplate recently? Was curious if they fixed the issue with the slight gap on the top near the charger port. If not, any idea how thick the thermal pad is? The new colour options looks really tempting but the slight gap would bother me a little too much, so planning to either swap it with a thinner pad or just completely remove it.

Last edited:
Associate
The cheapest option is best and get an SSD, it's cheaper overall. The anti glare screen protectors are **** though, better off just using it without one.
Just watched a video on YouTube showing how to swap out the SSD, looked easy enough. 11 screws, a pry tool and tweezers.

Soldato
Make sure you have proper plastic pry tools - I found popping the back off the most difficult and 'scary' part as I was worried the little plastic tab things would snap. All good in the end but wouldn't want to do it too many times.

Back
Top Bottom