*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
Any help with this:
https://flic.kr/p/2ohj8yR

i already have steamOS on boot and now today i booted the deck up fine but screen just froze when trying to play a game, so i turned the power off as i could not do anything with deck and upon booting up im getting the message i have linked to.
Looks like it can’t find the internal SSD, could be that’s gone pop. If you go into the bios can you see any drives anywhere in there showing?

Soldato
No drives in there, i can only see my micro sd card via dolphin.

If you are using dolphin (deck file explorer) then that means you have booted into the deck and running desktop mode, but you're telling us it's not finding the SSD drive? If it's not booting how are you in Dolphin? Need more info fella....

Last edited:
Associate
If you are using dolphin (deck file explorer) then that means you have booted into the deck and running desktop mode, but you're telling us it's not finding the SSD drive? If it's not booting how are you in Dolphin? Need more info fella....
When im trying to install the steamOS recovery via my usb stick, it takes me to the “Home Screen“ with the four options at the top (recover steamOS etc) but when i select one of the options its showing no nvme drive detected, so when i select the “x” to come out of the konsole i can move around the screen to get onto dolphin and see my micro sd card but no ssd.

just to make my day even more confused, i have booted up to the boot manager and its showing this ?

how is this happened ? As yesterday there was nothing showing ?

Last edited:
Soldato
When im trying to install the steamOS recovery via my usb stick, it takes me to the “Home Screen“ with the four options at the top (recover steamOS etc) but when i select one of the options its showing no nvme drive detected, so when i select the “x” to come out of the konsole i can move around the screen to get onto dolphin and see my micro sd card but no ssd.

just to make my day even more confused, i have booted up to the boot manager and its showing this ?

how is this happened ? As yesterday there was nothing showing ?
Yes, that's definitley odd. So today, it is showing your SSD - the top one (Sabrent)

Just to confirm, are you trying to do a total wipe and re-image your deck, as per here? https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/1b71-edf2-eb6d-2bb3
As it's now showing your SSD can you not go ahead and do a re-image?

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, that's definitley odd. So today, it is showing your SSD - the top one (Sabrent)

Just to confirm, are you trying to do a total wipe and re-image your deck, as per here? https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/1b71-edf2-eb6d-2bb3
As it's now showing your SSD can you not go ahead and do a re-image?
I just dont understand it, as yesterday i was told if its not showing the ssd then its definitively the ssd is the problem, so i have made arrangements to get the ssd replaced, but before i was going to open the deck up to take out the ssd i just thought to boot it up one last time and this is when all these strange things happen:
i can see the sabrent ssd in the boot manager.
and i can fully boot back into the decks home screen like nothing has happened, but it just freezes the screen So I can’t do anything and after a few mins the screen goes blank but the deck is still powered on, but nothing is happening (just a blank screen).

Last edited:
Soldato
I just dont understand it, as yesterday i was told if its not showing the ssd then its definitively the ssd is the problem, so i have made arrangements to get the ssd replaced, but before i was going to open the deck up to take out the ssd i just thought to boot it up one last time and this is when all these strange things happen:
i can see the sabrent ssd in the boot manager.
and i can fully boot back into the decks home screen like nothing has happened, but it just freezes the screen So I can’t do anything and after a few mins the screen goes blank but the deck is still powered on, but nothing is happening (just a blank screen).

Doesn't sound good. Whilst you can still see the SSD in the boot menu though, I would definitely try to do a full reimage and see if that helps. You've got nothing to lose.

When I first got my deck a few months ago it was very twitchy. First time I ever turned it on it didn't boot up properly and I thought it was a dud. After several hard resets and then software updates it seemed fine though and now *touch wood* it's solid as a rock, and I've messed around with it, a lot! (including several reimages).

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi
Has anyone here got Diablo 3 as well as diablo 2 remastered working on the deck? i just picked up the discounted bundle on the Blizzard store for £16

if so do the controls map ok?

thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just done the new Cryobyte33 tunings...

Was using the old version with no ill effects so worth a go at the update as there are some new tweaks, especially around memory management and stuff which may help mitigate stutters etc.
If you're not familiar with this guy he seems to know his onions and all the tweaks are backed up with extensive evidence based performance tests and graphs.

Last edited:
Associate
I've just done the new Cryobyte33 tunings...

Was using the old version with no ill effects so worth a go at the update as there are some new tweaks, especially around memory management and stuff which may help mitigate stutters etc.
If you're not familiar with this guy he seems to know his onions and all the tweaks are backed up with extensive evidence based performance tests and graphs.
I updated this morning, but it wasn't really clear what his recommendations were around compaction proactiveness and huge page defragmentation?

What settings have you gone for on those, as he says it's better to not have them, but under the recommended settings, they all default to on (green text)

I was getting huge lags and freezes in hogwarts after I turned them all on, but now I've disabled those two, but I'm still gettings freezes, where there wasn't before.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom