*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
Vampire Survivors. Didn't think much of it at the start. It's like digital crack.

I finally tried this... once of the few games i find non irritating... even when i died at 29 minutes 30 seconds and two revives didnt sustain me for another 30 seconds.

i'm quite enjoying DARQ its quite easy (so far at least) which makes a nice change as some games are such a ball ache. Pick it up on offer though as its quite short i think

Associate
Has anyone found any decent game in the "Desert Strike" style?
I've got 'Cleared Hot' and 'Megacopter' in my wishlist but they aren't out yet. I've seen 'Brigador' which looks interesting but I won't be paying £19 for it I'm afraid :/

Soldato
Has anyone found any decent game in the "Desert Strike" style?
I've got 'Cleared Hot' and 'Megacopter' in my wishlist but they aren't out yet. I've seen 'Brigador' which looks interesting but I won't be paying £19 for it I'm afraid :/
Brigador is £1.50 on HRK.
I might playthrough Desert Strike, I never did complete it on Amiga

Soldato
Nuts, thanks.
Guess ill find another offline game to play.

What speed does it download at? Ive got 500Mbps fttb and it pretty much hits about 60MB/s.

4EzPM1D.jpg

Just peaked at 496.3Mbps. 4 minutes to download 15GB isnt too shaddy!

Do control layouts seem to randomly change for anyone?

I had a game set specifically to use alt and some keys for the back buttons on wsad & mouse template and its reverted to ‘gamepad with joystick trackpad’

The wifi 5 on the deck does at least seem better than whats in the Xbox, I am able to get 400-500 out of it over my wifi.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a decent screwdriver to undo the case screws?. Ive heard horror stories galore about people stripping the heads. Im going to upgrading the ssd at some stage and im just getting things ready. Theres loads of philips ph0 and ph1 drivers on the rainforrest but does anyone have any they recommend that they've used on their deck?
I brought the ifixit essentials, so good brand combined with low price, but bear in mind I still had a fight with one screw (luckily I won the fight).

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Ive bought stuff on there. You do pay fees on the initial cost but the £1.50 includes fees

edit :)

I'll have to look and see what other games they have then :)
I just saw a video on one of the creators of Brigador being a bit of a bigot so might give the game a miss for now :/

Last edited:
Soldato
Is SteamOS able to read files from the SD card when it's set up for windows (ntfs I guess)? just curious because I currently mostly just have ROMS on there

Is windows on the SD card slow?
Interesting, it can. I just booted SteamOS to desktop mode and mounted SDcard 'ESD-ISO' and can see all Windows OS files - Yes, NTFS
Its not exactly as fast as an SSD (as expected) but it isnt terrible

Soldato
Personally I would say if you have the space, partition some of the internal SSD for Windows, then have the games on the SD card, I had Windows on the SD card initially but it was being bottlenecked by the SD card and was getting weird performance issues with it.

Soldato
Personally I would say if you have the space, partition some of the internal SSD for Windows, then have the games on the SD card, I had Windows on the SD card initially but it was being bottlenecked by the SD card and was getting weird performance issues with it.
What sort of weird performance issues? I did when I forgot and left it FAT32 instead of changing to NTFS. :rolleyes: on my part there.

Soldato
Just general stalling or slowness with the OS when it needed to load something. It felt like it was on an old HDD. Wasn't even a cheap SD card, was a Sandisk with U3/A2 rating.
My Samsung EVO (U3/A2) was slow as hell and like it was on a breaking HDD when I installed it first but sure I left it FAT32 in Rufus. Writes were limited to ~6MB/s. With NTFS is now around 20-25MB/s writes.
Still not incredibly fast but its good enough for just using the OS and managed to install and play Warzone II without issues

Caporegime
Finally received my RMA'd Steamdeck, previously mine was crashing regularly and support tried taking me through ever more complex troubleshooting steps before finally agreeing to an RMA. Hope this one actually works!

If it does I think I'll brave the SSD upgrade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom