*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
question : if im playinhg a game on pc sometimes and other times on deck is my progress saved on both systems with the steam cloud stuff?

also second question : are there good cases that i can put on it so it doesnt break when im using it and drop it lol

also does it have a anchor point to attach a wrist strap too like my psp and vita do?

Last edited:
Associate
question : if im playinhg a game on pc sometimes and other times on deck is my progress saved on both systems with the steam cloud stuff?

also second question : are there good cases that i can put on it so it doesnt break when im using it and drop it lol

also does it have a anchor point to attach a wrist strap too like my psp and vita do?
Cloud saves work, but when swapping to pc you need to remember to exit the game on the deck so that steam syncs the saves.

Soldato
Maybe an easy question that might be hard to answer...

Is it possible to apply the fit screen aspect ration thats available in the open beta preview OS but on the current stable branch?
In Performance then scaling there was a options to fit to screen or stretch or something that was really useful for cutting off the black borders and fitting 4:3 content to screen.

Soldato
yay got my 256 gig deck yesterday, only 6 days to arrive.

really impressed with it, its a quality piece of kit and got heroic on it as well now for epic games :)

is emudeck the go to one for emulators?

Soldato
For anyone who had an Amiga, AmigaVision (MegaAGS) is a must.

Simply grab the MegaAGS.hdf and MegaAGS-Saves.hdf files.
Add MegaAGS-Saves.hdf as DH0 and MegaAGS.hdf as DH1 in latest WinUAE hard drives then boot it up.
I personally set an A1200 config, set to A1200 speed with filter on automatic scaling and scanline opacity on 30.

The frontend is much better than manually setting up Workbench with RTG and iGame as I did.
It runs really well set to A1200 (14Mhz) This means no changing settings from fastest CPU which breaks many games but then is still fast enough for the frontend. Designed for FPGA and real hardware but runs incredibly well on the Steam Deck too.

9MFSC5Ih.jpg

8mclIOdh.jpg

5PVCBWsh.jpg

Edit - Make sure to NOT enable 24 bit addressing on the CPU and FPU settings. This will remove Z3 fast RAM which is required for the Workbench config to run WHDLoad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Marble Madness on Amiga using mouse control and the trackpad on the Steam Deck is fantastic.
Works really well and way easier to play than the arcade version or using the thumb stick.

Back
Top Bottom