*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
Finally received my RMA'd Steamdeck, previously mine was crashing regularly and support tried taking me through ever more complex troubleshooting steps before finally agreeing to an RMA. Hope this one actually works!

If it does I think I'll brave the SSD upgrade.
I would maybe advise to teat it a bit then do the SSD upgrade sooner rather than later :)

Soldato
I must have gotten super lucky. My RMA was because of USB BIOS boot not working (USB device wouldnt show up in the list)
They replaced my device with a brand new one and even confirmed it would be brand new instead of refurbished.

Got some new back 'buttons' Work quite well for a tenner

'PlayVital Back Button Enhancement Set for Steam Deck, Grip Improvement Button Protection Kit for Steam Deck - 2 Different Thickness'

rg6RXxSh.jpg

pCFT2dxh.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I have those back buttons. They are awesome. I have the thin ones on L4/R4 and the thicker ones on L5/R5, kind of levels them out cos for me the default L5/R5 buttons are the most awkward to press positively with naked buttons, and the extra thickness on those evens them out so to speak..

Soldato
I have those back buttons. They are awesome. I have the thin ones on L4/R4 and the thicker ones on L5/R5, kind of levels them out cos for me the default L5/R5 buttons are the most awkward to press positively with naked buttons, and the extra thickness on those evens them out so to speak..
Quite a good idea... I have found though that all the games Im playing now do not require the back buttons :rolleyes:

Soldato
hehe more than likely, bought a samsung evo 512 gig card for the moment and a usb c to ethernet adapter for downloading games to it :)
Transfer is pretty fast through Steam link and Warpinator FYI.
Earlier today I transferred ~200GB using it, didnt take long at all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom