*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

512gb ordered - phew!

I saw that the 1tb had the etched glass and there was a last minute panic that would somehow be worse overall… I’ll probably just be playing inside and it’s a brighter screen anyway, right? :p

512gb ordered - phew!

I saw that the 1tb had the etched glass and there was a last minute panic that would somehow be worse overall… I’ll probably just be playing inside and it’s a brighter screen anyway, right? :p

Yeah I wasn't risking it for a larger SSD. ALL my OLED devices are glossy and I suspect that is with good reason.

Glossy LCD left vs Etched OLED right, yikes

but in this example (OLED bottom) it looks better and the LCD glossy has reflections. Not an issue for me as I don't play with lights above me but still.

Anything from about 5 years ago and 2d indies because I don't see the point in playing more modern titles on low settings to get 30fps and an hour's battery.
Pretty much, this an indie machine for me with a few old games being replayed.

Eh? Nor me, I avoid Windows like the plague! But most of the stuff I play runs on Steam OS, and cross play isn't generally a Microsoft thing, it's offered by the game dev.

You mentioned your XBOX so I assumed you were intending to run windows for gamepass, apologies. You know what they say about assuming :p

Edit: It just let me buy the 1TB btw.

Last edited:
Well at least I can now a/b test and decide which I prefer lol. Or sell to someone on here who couldn't get one for retail price ofc on the MM. Though seems to be plenty of stock or they're simply not selling.

Last edited:
Hopefully the JSAUX backplate still fits (v2 with the fan grill), the overall shell is identical, screws seem to be in the same place and back buttons internally are identical to the LCD one. So hopefully it should fit fine, will soon test that as I need to transplant my 2TB SSD. While I'm there I will put the PTM 7950 paste/pad hybrid stuff on as that's been great on my current deck and I should never have to change that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom