*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
Amazing that they're still in stock.

I got mine at 18:23. I was in the middle of a busy dinner service at work, on my own, mashing F5 every time I walked past my computer :cry: Seems like I didn't need to bother.

Soldato
Like a few of you I also got my order in at 18:23. This appears like when they powered up more resources for their cart backend. I'm glad everyone that wanted one managed to get one!

I'm gonna echo that I'm also amazed they are both still in stock dispite the now longer delivery time. When they said they have enough stock they were not kidding!

Last edited:
Soldato
hope every one that wanted one got one :)

they announced these the day after dad got his 512 model and valve said he could refund the whole thing or get the price difference, he got 180 quid to his steam wallet and got more games for it :)

i got my 256 model about a week before dad got his and they gave me 110 quid for the price difference no hassle, they even offered a full refund as well, valve support are awesome :)

Soldato
No need to wait, the existing ones fit perfectly.
Ah really? I thought the OLED had a slightly larger display compared to LCD? Or is it just that the bezels are smaller on the OLED?

Comparison of display sizes:

wWRqZvN.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah really? I thought the OLED had a slightly larger display compared to LCD? Or is it just that the bezels are smaller on the OLED?

Doesn't make sense to me but look here for example, they use the same for both models: https://dbrand.com/shop/glass/steam-deck-tempered-glass-screen-protectors

Good shout on the bezels being the reason, looks like @teaston was right :) I won't use one myself as I can't see how it would get scratched with my usage plus if there is even a speck of dust it bothers me enough to scrap it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom