• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
a5Tm2tF.jpeg

I'm done with storage upgrades now. 2TB SSD plus this. I'll likely use this purely for emulation, looking forward to going down that rabbit hole over next couple of days.
Same as me, 2TB internal and 1TB MicroSD. 1TB for emulation only.
Comes in handy when you start looking at later systems like Xbox 360.

Associate
I'm done with storage upgrades now. 2TB SSD plus this. I'll likely use this purely for emulation, looking forward to going down that rabbit hole over next couple of days.

1TB just for emulation? That's a lot of black flags you can fit on there!

I was going to fit my 2TB 2230 into mine today but for what I think is the first time ever, the rainforest somehow failed to deliver my parcel (containing iFixit pry tools).

Always tomorrow, I should probably order a usb hub or dock anyway!

What hubs or docks are you all using?

Associate
1TB just for emulation? That's a lot of black flags you can fit on there!

I was going to fit my 2TB 2230 into mine today but for what I think is the first time ever, the rainforest somehow failed to deliver my parcel (containing iFixit pry tools).

Always tomorrow, I should probably order a usb hub or dock anyway!

What hubs or docks are you all using?
I have the ivoler dock, but it does block a very small sliver of the bottom of the OLED screen, as it was made for the LCD.

Not sure if the JSAUX dock also does this.

Associate
Turning off the screen for large downloads would be handy even on the LCD one. They could put the option to do it manually by holding down the power button and put the option to switch the screen off there.

Soldato
Tried it, it’s a doddle really although I still think it should be an option in the big picture mode.

Just got to start the download then go into desktop, open steam and done after around 3-5 mins the screen goes off (roll on BG3)

Associate
Quite a few modern games, some 100GB+, think Forza 5 is up to 170GB now :eek:. Between the internal drive and SD card I’m using about 2.4TB, plus emulation is a storage hog.

Just nice having lots of old games from my steam library that I can just load up anytime without downloading.

Last edited:
Associate
Quite a few modern games, some 100GB+, think Forza 5 is up to 170GB now :eek:. Between the internal drive and SD card I’m using about 2.4TB, plus emulation is a storage hog.

Just nice having lots of old games from my steam library that I can just load up anytime without downloading.
Have you installed windows?

Associate
Have you installed windows?

I haven’t, tried it over a year ago but don’t really need it. The only game I would want it for is Destiny 2 so it’s not worth the hassle of running Windows for just one game. Wish Bungie would allow it.

I ran Windows as a windows to go install on external storage so can always do that again if needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom