• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
Ah that’s an old guide, konsole command looks wrong.

Here’s the new one:

Soldato

Here’s the new one:

OK so I should use sudo dd if=/dev/nvme0n1 of=/dev/sda oflag=sync bs=1G status=progress

Soldato

Here’s the new one:

How long does it take to boot up first time on the new ssd drive that was used to clone to?

Its been stuck on the steam deck icon splash screen for about an hour or so

Soldato
Should almost instantly start updating when it boots up.
Diddnt work for me.

i waited for 4hours until i just powered it down and after it being stuck mutliple times on the splash screen, i now get the same error as before. ie stuck in recovery and it cant boot to steam OS due to the account being locked error...

What am i doing wrong?

Did you clone from a 512 to a 2tb?

Associate
Diddnt work for me.

i waited for 4hours until i just powered it down and after it being stuck mutliple times on the splash screen, i now get the same error as before. ie stuck in recovery and it cant boot to steam OS due to the account being locked error...

What am i doing wrong?

Did you clone from a 512 to a 2tb?
I cloned from 1tb to 2tb, that shouldn't make any difference though.

Maybe have a check/ask on the steam forums.

Associate
its all in the cloning software that you use, there not all the same. if i recall correctly when i did my first clone, i used a piece of software that didnt clone it properly and i had the same issue, i then used clonezilla and did a full disk to disk clone expanding the free space into the correct partition and hey presto it worked. maybe change your cloning software?

Last edited:
Soldato
I cloned from 1tb to 2tb, that shouldn't make any difference though.

Maybe have a check/ask on the steam forums.
Using the same command?

I checked reddit and discord but I am still yet to find a solution
its all in the cloning software that you use, there not all the same. if i recall correctly when i did my first clone, i used a piece of software that didnt clone it properly and i had the same issue, i then used clonezilla and did a full disk to disk clone expanding the free space into the correct partition and hey presto it worked. maybe change your cloning software?
Is clonezilla a Windows app?

Do you remember roughly how you used the software etc?

Associate
Using the same command?

I checked reddit and discord but I am still yet to find a solution

Is clonezilla a Windows app?

Do you remember roughly how you used the software etc?
no its not windows app, its a bootable liniux distro, you can download it, make it bootable on a usb stick. then boot the deck form it(you will need a dock or usb dongle to expand your ports), you will to put 1 of your m2 drives into a caddy, 1 m2 drive in the deck and 1 bootable usb stick. i cant recall step by step, but if you choose disk to disk clone, its fairly straight forward process, i did it a while ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone already done an RMA and able to comment on turnaround? Can see my via tracking that the Deck made it to Havant last Wednesday and they say "From there, it will be submitted to customs and sent to our returns team in Prague. Expect up to three additional days for customs clearance and transit time to Prague. You will receive an email notification when final receipt is confirmed. We will ship your replacement once our team has finished processing your return. Please note that processing can take up to three days after receipt."

I've not received any news at all and really want a fixed shiny OLED deck!

Back
Top Bottom