• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
Personally with the issues with the OLED I'd be avoiding a refurb for now. But if your alternative is a refurb LCD then it might not be a deal breaker, just check it thoroughly as soon as it arrives.

Soldato
Though it seems some of the issues are not OLED specific like the one I had, there are threads about it 2+ years ago. Screen was fine.
I'd still rather gamble on an OLED I can return than have an LCD screen like it's 1993

Last edited:
Associate
Just recieved my new second 1TB OLED deck and out of the box all seems great, no issues with either trackpads, both thumbsticks spin smoothly without any grinding against the shell, speakers are fine and no dead pixels. Checked my panel type and it's another Samsung thankfully. Replaced my thermal paste with the PTM7950 again and popped in my 2TB SSD and so far all works great :)

Unable to use my Jasux backplate V2, the new one with the fan cutout because the trigger when fully pressed down touches the rear shell causing it to grind ever so slightly. Have this on both decks so Jsaux will need to do an updated shell for the OLED one with slightly larger clearance with the triggers, shame as otherwise it fully fits great.

Soldato
There is quite a lot wrong with this ad........

LvCwCrl.jpg

Associate
its blown out of proportion. The usual, yes there are issues and if you go digging for them in reddit etc you'll find a bunch of people with them but on grand sceme of things it isn't that bad.
Quite a few members on this thread had issues with their OLEDs.

Reason we haven’t had any screen issues is the LE isn’t available in UK.

Soldato
Hiya. So I tried cloning my 512GB ssd that originally came with my steam deck into a new 2tb ssd using the dd command and all seem to have worked fine on the cloning process.

However when I installed the new ssd, my deck first got stuck on the splash screen and after rebooting and starting it again, on the 3rd attempt onwards It goes into what looks like recovery mode with the following error...

Associate
Hiya. So I tried cloning my 512GB ssd that originally came with my steam deck into a new 2tb ssd using the dd command and all seem to have worked fine on the cloning process.

However when I installed the new ssd, my deck first got stuck on the splash screen and after rebooting and starting it again, on the 3rd attempt onwards It goes into what looks like recovery mode with the following error...

Got a vague recollection that there's a partition (or something) so you need to get into boot menu on restart and select the other option to boot from.
I followed a guide from somewhere in this thread but it was months ago.
Sorry I can't be more specific, but pretty sure it's a simple fix

Soldato
Got a vague recollection that there's a partition (or something) so you need to get into boot menu on restart and select the other option to boot from.
I followed a guide from somewhere in this thread but it was months ago.
Sorry I can't be more specific, but pretty sure it's a simple fix
O ok. if you ever come across or remember exactly how you fixed it, that would be awsome

Back
Top Bottom