• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
So returned my OLED due to the missing grip on left thumbstick. Order a new one on Monday, was delivered today to a neighbour even though I told Parcel Farce to postpone for Friday.

Replacement has the same issue on the right thumbstick.

So disapointed.

Associate
So returned my OLED due to the missing grip on left thumbstick. Order a new one on Monday, was delivered today to a neighbour even though I told Parcel Farce to postpone for Friday.

Replacement has the same issue on the right thumbstick.

So disapointed.
Third time lucky?

Soldato
Third time lucky?
Yeah I don't know what to do. I'm not going to get alternative grips or buy a replacement stick with my own cash, that's not right. But I don't think I can trust them right now to hope the 3rd one is fine. I'm basically going over it trying to make sure there isn't the slightest imperfection. I think I need to give time for Valve to figure out their QC on this one.

Very happy for people who don't have any issues! But the headphone issue, OLED on the LE's and this thumbstick issue (although I don't think I have seen many others with it) is all a bit too much.

I also have to wait for my other return to be refunded.

Associate
Yeah I don't know what to do. I'm not going to get alternative grips or buy a replacement stick with my own cash, that's not right. But I don't think I can trust them right now to hope the 3rd one is fine. I'm basically going over it trying to make sure there isn't the slightest imperfection. I think I need to give time for Valve to figure out their QC on this one.

Very happy for people who don't have any issues! But the headphone issue, OLED on the LE's and this thumbstick issue (although I don't think I have seen many others with it) is all a bit too much.

I also have to wait for my other return to be refunded.
One more roll of the dice!

There are plenty of perfect ones about, a few of us have them.

Soldato
One more roll of the dice!

There are plenty of perfect ones about, a few of us have them.

My 1tb OLED is pretty close. The only slightly annoying quirk is the dpad down direction is a bit noisier than the other directions. In fact I prefer the less 'clicky' feel of the LCD dpad.

Soldato
I presume we are only talking about the 3.5mm wired headphones issue when it comes to sound problems here???? I've not noticed any other sound issues on the OLED deck.

I've just tested my OLED deck with wired earphones - I never really use earphones so not got around to testing yet. First tried a pair of old wired but pretty decent Sennheiser in ear buds. There is a definite background 'hiss' when using these, even just browsing the menus.
I then tried an old pair of Apple wired buds you used to get free with iphones years ago - and these seem fine, no background hiss! So I think as reported, it is due to the type and quality of earphones you use and ironically better quality ones are more susceptible to having issues.

Given I don't really use earphones much anyway, the fact the Apple ones are ok, and I presume wireless bluetooth ones work without a hitch which I do have, I 'aint sending my deck in....

Last edited:
Associate
I presume we are only talking about the 3.5mm wired headphones issue when it comes to sound problems here???? I've not noticed any other sound issues on the OLED deck.

I've just tested my OLED deck with wired earphones - I never really use earphones so not got around to testing yet. First tried a pair of old wired but pretty decent Sennheiser in ear buds. There is a definite background 'hiss' when using these, even just browsing the menus.
I then tried an old pair of Apple wired buds you used to get free with iphones years ago - and these seem fine, no background hiss! So I think as reported, it is due to the type and quality of earphones you use and ironically better quality ones are more susceptible to having issues.

Given I don't really use earphones much anyway, the fact the Apple ones are ok, and I presume wireless bluetooth ones work without a hitch which I do have, I 'aint sending my deck in....
Same here, we don’t even have wired headphones in our house, we all use BT ones, which work perfectly.

Associate
No idea if mine will be affected as well but I never use 3.5mm headphones, not in many years so really don’t care if it is effected as I only use bluetooth. Seems like it would be an easy fix to do it yourself anyway.

Associate
I had the audio crackle/hiss too but it seems to be fixed with a replacement. 1st one the speakers didn't work, 2nd one headphones crackled, 3rd one seems perfect so far! Quality control leaves something to be desired but got to admit the customer service has been good.

Caporegime
Can anyone suggest a charger like the ROG ally's? (In that it's clover input)

Because of how I have my set up I have a clover power for my Asus G14 laptop on my desk and the ROG Ally user's similar charger but USB C on the end so just after the same for my deck

Cheers

Associate
Out of curiosity. How long has it taken for you guys to get a replacement? I sent my deck back on the 8th (fan wouldn't spin up, so would overheat) and haven't heard anything from back from Valve yet.

Associate
Can anyone suggest a charger like the ROG ally's? (In that it's clover input)

Because of how I have my set up I have a clover power for my Asus G14 laptop on my desk and the ROG Ally user's similar charger but USB C on the end so just after the same for my deck

Cheers
Ugreen make decent desktop GaN chargers, in 100W & 200W versions.

It’s figure 8 input, but does come with the wall power cable.

Soldato
I like the look of these, I fancy playing fallout76 but would like to know if I would be using my pc saves etc or is it a completely different beast?
Basically would I be able to play my friends on pc with this?

Associate
I like the look of these, I fancy playing fallout76 but would like to know if I would be using my pc saves etc or is it a completely different beast?
Basically would I be able to play my friends on pc with this?
Looks like the steam deck runs the native windows version through the proton compatibility layer, so should be fine to play online against other pc players.

Back
Top Bottom