*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Nvidia finally released an installer for GFN for the Steam Deck: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/geforce-now-thursday-may-games-list/

… except it's just a script that installs Chrome for you and creates a GFN web app:
Interesting. It's quite a pricey subscription and it's not clear to me if it only allows you to play games you own or also gives access to a selection of games. If no games are included then seems a bit pointless for me as I can just stream from my pc.

Interesting. It's quite a pricey subscription and it's not clear to me if it only allows you to play games you own or also gives access to a selection of games. If no games are included then seems a bit pointless for me as I can just stream from my pc.
It allows you to stream some games bought from Steam, Epic and Ubisoft using cloud servers. The highest tier allow you to use a 4080 and you can try for free though with a basic rig.

It allows you to stream some games bought from Steam, Epic and Ubisoft using cloud servers. The highest tier allow you to use a 4080 and you can try for free though with a basic rig.
So not very useful for me, but if there's a free trial I'm curious enough to try it. Seems a bit expensive otherwise and not a fan of subscriptions.

Last edited:
Anyone else's Deck been playing up after updating to OS 3.5.19 in the last few days? Been having problems getting it to boot up without having to do a long press on the power button since it upgraded. It threw up some error messages after it installed the update related to a couple of Decky plugins I have installed, namely Vibrant Deck and Animation Changer, which I've uninstalled, but it is still being a bit temperamental. Hoping it sorts itself out without having to do any kind of factory reset.

I've not updated but if you check reddit lots of people are having problems with the update if using decky. Seems you should uninstall decky in full rather than just the plugins.

Last edited:
That's a bit of a sod :( I can do without Vibrantdeck as it is built in now, kind of. But Protondb badges is a must. Hopefully they will sort it out.

Just as a warning, I upgraded to SteamOS 3.6 on the Preview Channel and my Deck appears to have hung. Its been at 87% for a couple of hours now.

Edit: After a forced reboot and an age verifying it booted up and the upgrade has since gone through ok.

Last edited:
I ditched the preview channel when I had a boot loop issue with an update a few months back. I had to do the "try and recover my deck" bios option which, without any choices went ahead and wiped the entire thing, including all my retrodeck config and yuzu save games.

Stable for me!

Reactions: TNA
My OLED deck updated to 3.5.19 by itself, and I specifically didn't want it to after reading these last posts! I've reverted to 3.5.17 but still getting decky errors, really annoying.

Aside from the decky errors 3.5.19 also messed up Moonlight streaming, causing stutters with the stream. Definitely an issue as going back to 3.5.17 sorted it straight away, and I've had this happen before with previous OS updates so I'm alert to it.

I've never had the Deck 'force' update itself before, how has this happened? Note, I have "Schedule auto updates" turned OFF in the downloads settings.

Last edited:
Anyone gone from the original deck to the OLED?

I'm tempted, and then sell the original to regain some of the cost.

Would it be worth while? Not sure what I would get for the original, it's the 256gb version

Started playing Cyberpunk, crazy how good it looks and plays on the oled, a handheld afterall! Shows how well an optomized game can run. The developers really put in some work since i first played it on PC.

My OG 512 Deck battery died. I can get another OG Deck with a smashed screen. Which would be easier to replace..... screen or battery? Both jobs look sticky and not fun...

or try and sell both on eBay for spares and buy an OLED (tempting)

Last edited:
Ordered the OLED. Enjoyed the normal Deck so much, I'm sure I can sell that one on to recoup some of the cost :)
I am still holding on in my plan to wait for the Steam Deck 2, which will be a day one purchase. By then I imagine the normal Deck will be pretty much worthless so I won't feel bad either giving it away to a family member or just keeping it in a draw with my PSP, cos I am allergic to selling things to randoms due to the fear of scams.

I am still holding on in my plan to wait for the Steam Deck 2, which will be a day one purchase. By then I imagine the normal Deck will be pretty much worthless so I won't feel bad either giving it away to a family member or just keeping it in a draw with my PSP, cos I am allergic to selling things to randoms due to the fear of scams.

Doubt it will be worthless. Even a standard 64gb one would fetch no less than £150 around that time.

Back
Top Bottom