*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Pretty much decided not to take my Steam Deck when it comes available. I've been flip flopping over it for weeks now, I know I'm just buying it for the sake of owning one. My GPD can do most of what a Steam Deck can do, but with a bigger screen :D

Hi guys, i have a odd question.

i know the 64 & 256gb models both come with the glossy screens and a lot of the praise on the 512gb version is the etched screen.

is it however possible to buy a 512gb directly from steam that doesn’t have the etched screen.

Like is it an optional extra or is it strictly only a etched screen on that model?

Hi guys, i have a odd question.

i know the 64 & 256gb models both come with the glossy screens and a lot of the praise on the 512gb version is the etched screen.

is it however possible to buy a 512gb directly from steam that doesn’t have the etched screen.

Like is it an optional extra or is it strictly only a etched screen on that model?
For now at least there is only the 3 models available. But it is possible to upgrade the ssd, so you could make one with the standard screen but 512gb storage. I also think ifixit sell the screens separately, so in theory you could swap that over. But probably more effort than its worth

For now at least there is only the 3 models available. But it is possible to upgrade the ssd, so you could make one with the standard screen but 512gb storage. I also think ifixit sell the screens separately, so in theory you could swap that over. But probably more effort than its worth

that’s absolutely fine i though that was the case!

i asked as i recently purchased a used “512gb” steam deck via a popular feeless face to face online trade site.

when i met up in person to trade and looked at the deck it had a glossy screen which i questioned as not being 512 now he told me the etched screen was optional on the 512gb models and i stupidly trusted him and took it.

however a few hours later he started to bombard me with emails that it had a 1tb ssd installed and he needed it back. Que me wondering as he hadn’t told me it had been opened so asked for an invoice and he refuses to offer one for it.

he’s now threatening to “phone steam” (not that they have a phone number) and report it as stolen unless i give him the drive back. And that steam are banning stolen ones permanently according to him.

now of course i wouldn’t want to rip someone off but i was expecting a 512 steam deck and this guy seems like bit of a fruit loop

i’m honestly not sure what to do now

Last edited:
Sounds like you got scammed and then they scammed themselves. Call them out on it but to be honest, getting your money back is likely to be the best option and chalk it up to experience.

The difference is however that your view is stupid.

Sorry, but it is. Valve handled is at well as it can be reasonably handled in an extremely supply constrained environment. Fact it, I wanted Steam Deck, and I already have mine for two months. Because I reserved it in good time.

I reserved mine over a year ago now, still nothing, did I order it too late?

I reserved mine over a year ago now, still nothing, did I order it too late?
So far anything outside of the first 30 mins is too late... Though over a year ago would mean you managed to order 6 weeks before the orders opened so thats pretty amazing !! :P
If you check your steam account it gives you a very rough estimate, either Q2, which is sometime before the end of the month, Q3 sometime in July - Sept or "after Q3" which is some time after September. I'm in Q3 and i ordered a day or so after orders opened

They must be speeding up a bit now, just had my email to complete my purchase (256g, reserved at gone 7pm by the time I managed to pay deposit)

Back
Top Bottom