*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

If you guys want to get a reasonably accurate estimation then use this:

Once you grab the rtreservetime value out of the steam store api request you’ll be able to track how far up the queue you are.

There’s also a calculator online that allows you to use the same code from api and gives you an estimate days before you get your email.

Only 0.08% of the way there when I'm still confirmed for a Q3 delivery :eek:

Greetings! It looks like you have a UK 512GB reservation. You reserved your deck 21 days, 1 hour, 57 minutes, 1 second after pre-orders opened. There are 21 days, 1 hour, 31 minutes, 45 seconds worth of pre-orders before yours remaining. You're 0.08% of the way there. Hang in there!

you may not think thats a botched launch and your entitled to your view as i am.
The difference is however that your view is stupid.

Sorry, but it is. Valve handled is at well as it can be reasonably handled in an extremely supply constrained environment. Fact it, I wanted Steam Deck, and I already have mine for two months. Because I reserved it in good time.

The difference is however that your view is stupid.

Sorry, but it is. Valve handled is at well as it can be reasonably handled in an extremely supply constrained environment. Fact it, I wanted Steam Deck, and I already have mine for two months. Because I reserved it in good time.
thanks for your comments lol

good retort thats put me in my place well done

please ignore my posts in future

cheers bud

I ordered my 512GB on the 17th July, so guessing it'll be September time unless it gets delayed, hopefully this year!

I checked compatible games from my library and pleasantly surprised, Race Room Experience and Euro Truckers Sim and a few others, if I can get some classic games to work I'll be well happy!

Just out of interest do you get an in app reminder that its ready (e.g. a notification within Steam itself or do you have to solely rely on email?)

I've just checked my steam library and i have 114 that are verified a further 77 that are playable and 66 that aren't compatible a good chunk of those are VR games

i have yet to build my steam deck library theres afew games i wanna buy just to play on it but i'll do that over the summer.

I checked compatible games from my library and pleasantly surprised, Race Room Experience and Euro Truckers Sim and a few others, if I can get some classic games to work I'll be well happy!

Just out of interest do you get an in app reminder that its ready (e.g. a notification within Steam itself or do you have to solely rely on email?)

Mines due (its been shipped out) but I expect will be delayed with the Jubilee Holidays (thanks QE2) - I might pickup Euro Truck Sim as I’ve had my eye on that for a while.

I noticed my notification via email but there’s also an “unskippable” pop-up in Steam that you need to acknowledge you’ve seen.

Everyone wondering about delivery when ordering within an hour of pre orders going live, I reserved a 256 one in March so will be lucky to get mine this year haha! Annoyed that I didn’t reserve one as I did manage to get through when they first went live but wanted to wait for reviews, so it’s my own fault.

That's a hot take lol.
How come? It is what it is. I knew when the reservation would start, so I reserved it and got it. No faffing around, no bot thefts..

I have my problems with Valve (the fan they chose for part of Steam Deck units is disastrous) but the way they handled the reservations was as good as it can be in a world of such chip supply constraints. That's just a fact.

How come? It is what it is. I knew when the reservation would start, so I reserved it and got it. No faffing around, no bot thefts..

I have my problems with Valve (the fan they chose for part of Steam Deck units is disastrous) but the way they handled the reservations was as good as it can be in a world of such chip supply constraints. That's just a fact.

I don't think products should be purchasable before full and proper reviews are out.
That's just a fact.

People buy cars, even houses, before they're built, or they've seen no more than a drawing of what they're buying

I was being somewhat tongue in cheek.

But I don't think "If you didn't pre order a steam deck, so wait a year/unquantified amount of time" is right either. Pre-orders can be such a shady business at time, when there's factual considerations like performance that is an unknown until reviews.

For the record I've bought 2 new build homes, I went into multiple show homes for the first developer and then into a newly built unoccupied version of the house we bought and then for my second house I bought the same type of house as the showhome and must have visited that developers showhomes across multiple sites for months etc. Anyone who buys a new build house without having been in that style of house is an idiot.

I knew the time, got my order in 3 mins or so past opening, payment took 3 hours to complete with valve and so Q3 it is :)

Went to wife's account and got an order in 46 or so mins past after steam struggling - so got a Q2. Should have it in a month, but really should have had it within first few weeks. Ah well.

I was being somewhat tongue in cheek.

But I don't think "If you didn't pre order a steam deck, so wait a year/unquantified amount of time" is right either. Pre-orders can be such a shady business at time, when there's factual considerations like performance that is an unknown until reviews.

For the record I've bought 2 new build homes, I went into multiple show homes for the first developer and then into a newly built unoccupied version of the house we bought and then for my second house I bought the same type of house as the showhome and must have visited that developers showhomes across multiple sites for months etc. Anyone who buys a new build house without having been in that style of house is an idiot.

This is the least shady version of pre-orders to be fair as it's just £5 (refundable!) to hold a queue position. You can back out as soon as you see reviews.

I don't think products should be purchasable before full and proper reviews are out.
That's just a fact.
Yes, fact is that you may have that opinion, and other people can disagree.

But you are actually kinda wrong about Steam Deck. Reservation was 5 bucks and cancellable. Reviews were out before I paid. So if I didn't like them I could have easily cancel reservation and get my 5 dollars back. Your point is moot in regards to Steam Deck.
Valve have been as transparent as one can possibly be when launching a hardware product.

That's just a fact.
Thinking something results in an opinion, not a fact.

If you don't like pre-orders, don't pre-order. Wait for reviews. There was nothing shady. Me? I was quite happy to flagrantly spray four quid to get on a queue for a device that looked excellent, with the ability to cancel at any time. To be honest, I'd have paid a lot more.

I guess buying early access games should also be banned? Getting tickets for the first night of a concert? Pre-ordering a vehicle? Buying a book on the day of release?

Back
Top Bottom