*** The Official Tribes: Ascend Thread! ***

Associate
Great, nice to see a new thread here. Much nicer/cleaner than the old one.

Getting a bit burnt out on this now though, especially considering I'm not particularly good at it. My main problem is finding a role/class I enjoy - the main class I play is Pathfinder, but I don't find it anywhere as near as entertaining as classes that get to kill things. Soldier is my personal favorite as it exemplifies all of the best aspects of the game as far as I'm concerned but I really don't know what I am supposed to be doing whilst playing Soldier at all.

I'll definitely be trying to get back into the game during this double XP week.

Soldato
OP
You should start playing pugs with us mate. Kiwi plays soldier O or D so can help you out.

As for unlocks that's a difficult one as I'm not sure which you will enjoy the most. I do like flag D in doombringer but you need super heavy perk unlocked also. Raider is decent without unlocking extra stuff. Sniper really requires a lot of unlocks to be really effective.

Last edited:
Associate
Ingame name: ZombieFan

I've been playing for a bit. I'm around level 12 or so. I mostly play as soldier defence. But I'm thinking of having a go at pathfinder flag return. I've mostly been playing casually on pubs but get a bit frustrated at the lack of team play at times.

Soldato
well damnit, thought you could pick 2, but u get infiltrator and tech. and i had already unlocked tech :|

Inf is great fun if you know how to use it. I actually spent allot of cash unlocking classes that I won't play. If I had to start again I would pick three classes and play them equally until I found something that I liked.

Only issue with pathfinder is that if you want to get into pugs it's a very high pressure role as you need to be able to cap at 270+ on all comp maps on all sides.

Soldato
OP
Not sure tbh ive never played it. Its the fastest most skilled totally team based fps around. Even if your the best player if your team isnt working together then you lose.

Associate
Not sure tbh ive never played it. Its the fastest most skilled totally team based fps around. Even if your the best player if your team isnt working together then you lose.

I believe it's made by the same people. Nabbed it on Steam this morning so will have to have a look, but if it is similar to Global Agenda I should enjoy it at least.

Associate
really enjoying it :D
ive llama'ed once, and nearly got a flag back as a jug after the first carrier died :O

i do feel very tempted to throw money at them :x so i can unlock stuff :/

Soldato
OP
Nothing bad about paying for a game you enjoy. I would expect most people have paid in some sort of way for items or boost etc. The starter pack is a good choice to start. a lot of items come on the daily deals so if your going to buy them with gold maybe wait till then for slashed prices.

Associate
yeah some class guides would be good

quick poke about the store looks like i could easily go through 7500gold :/ and not get everything

f2p is expensive :x

Back
Top Bottom