** The Official WWDC 2010 Thread **

Do any of you expect them to release OS4.0 on Monday?

I really hope they do. I'm desperate for folders!

No to the public. I expect any additional features they announce for OS4 to be released to developers in the form of a GM Beta, for the two / three weeks that lead up to the new iPhone launch. Once the new iPhone is launched I would then expect OS4 to be released to the rest.

Sounds excellent, Let us know if you find a way and let us know how we can view them!

Transmit 4 and the mounted folders, along with an apple / automator script could work.

Image capture is a good way of getting access to your pictures for this kind of thing too.

Not long now till WWDC 2010 kicks off :)

I've updated the original post with rumours on the possibility of having Apple announce Mac OS X and Safari updates, as well as the rumour of cloud-based iTunes and updates to the Mobile Me network :)

iPhoneHD-20100606-195635.png

Ta-da!

iPhone aside, it's the cloud-based/streaming stuff I'm more interested in. If they get that right they could pretty much sew up the mobile computing market. And yes, it needs to be free.

You're making the assumption that OS4.0 is basically OS3.2+multitasking only. They've already stated fall for iPads getting OS4.0

I'm not assuming anything. They stated fall for iPads getting OS4.0 but developers would need time to ensure they're apps are fully updated for what OS4.0 will bring. If it was announced now, as in betas start being released etc. it gives the developers time to get reayd for launch day. The same as has happened with the iPhone over the last few years.
iPad apps are certinaly more complex so I'd imagine more time may be needed to have them fine tuned.

I was in the NYC 5th avenue flagship store this morning and they were only selling reserved 3GS units, apparently they didn't have any general stock. Bit of a surprise I though but then realized what's on in the morning!

Here's hoping! Apple have had a bucket of cash from me recently what with iPads, i7 Mbps etc. What's more comical about that is that I work for microsoft consulting.

I guess they'll be getting some more.

Back
Top Bottom