** The Official WWDC 2011 Thread **

Soldato
20110525-ef12in9mqjf6y1xijxjhf4fmwf.jpg

Apple Press Release - May 31 said:
CUPERTINO, California-May 31, 2011-Apple® CEO Steve Jobs and a team of Apple executives will kick off the company's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote address on Monday, June 6 at 10:00 a.m. At the keynote, Apple will unveil its next generation software - Lion, the eighth major release of Mac OS® X; iOS 5, the next version of Apple's advanced mobile operating system which powers the iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch®; and iCloud®, Apple's upcoming cloud services offering.

WWDC will feature more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers. Mac® developers will see and learn how to develop world-class Mac OS X Lion applications using its latest technologies and capabilities. Mobile developers will be able to explore the latest innovations and capabilities of iOS and learn how to greatly enhance the functionality, performance and design of their apps. All developers can bring their code to the labs and work with Apple engineers.

For more details, visit the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2011 website at developer.apple.com/wwdc.

Apple Press Release - March 28 said:
CUPERTINO, California-March 28, 2011-Apple® today announced that it will hold its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) June 6 through June 10 at San Francisco's Moscone West. At this year's five-day conference Apple will unveil the future of iOS and Mac OS®, including exciting demonstrations of the new kinds of apps that developers can build using Apple's advanced frameworks and more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers.

"At this year's conference we are going to unveil the future of iOS and Mac OS," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "If you are an iOS or Mac OS X software developer, this is the event that you do not want to miss."

What is WWDC 2011?
The Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) is the most important annual event for anyone innovating with Apple technologies. Thousands of developers from around the world come to California each year to receive in-depth information and instruction from Apple’s technical architects and engineers.

The five-day event running from June 6 to June 10, is focused on providing advanced content for skilled developers across five key technology tracks: Application Frameworks; Internet & Web; Graphics & Media; Developer Tools; and Core OS. Apple engineers will deliver over 100 solutions-oriented technical sessions and labs. WWDC 2011 gives an incredibly diverse community the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iPhone, iPad and Mac developers from around the world.

When is WWDC 2011?
WWDC 2011 takes place June 6-10, 2011

Where is WWDC 2011?
WWDC will be held at Moscone Center West in San Francisco, California. For more information about the convention center, please visit the Moscone Center website.

What are the topics for WWDC 2011?
Information about sessions, labs, and special events are provided at the WWDC website at Apple.com.

What is rumoured for WWDC 2011?
  • Next Generation iPhone Hardware
  • Next Generation iPhone OS update 5.0
  • Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Release
  • Cloud-Based iTunes & MobileMe Announcements

Where can I watch WWDC 2011?

Unless you have a ticket (now sold out), sadly it's still out of bounds. Apple doesn't cover the keynote live, and others are prohibited to do so!

HOWEVER - not all is lost, mac-related websites/blogs around the world are here to give you the latest breaking news via RSS-News Feeds and other "Live Update" blogs.

I will keep an up-to-date list of the sites which will give you "Live Updates" of the event below...

MacRumorsLive.com
Engadget.com
Engadget.com - Reporting live before & after the event
Twit.tv

As always, Apple are kind enough to upload the keynote shortly after it's finished. You are often able to stream it from Apple Events or alternatively, you can wait 24 hours after the keynote to download it in high quality straight from your iTunes!

The keynote starts at 10:00 AM (PT), also known to us brits as 18:00 PM, on the 6th June 2011! Be there!

Other times are:
07:00AM - Hawaii
10:00AM - Pacific
11:00AM - Mountain
12:00PM - Central
01:00PM - Eastern
06:00PM - London
07:00PM - Paris
02:00AM - Tokyo (June 7th)

Thread Last Updated:
  • 7th June 2011 - Added Day One Summary
  • 6th June 2011 - Added Engadget live feed & Twit.tv
  • 31st May 2011 - Added May 31st Press Release
  • 25th May 2011 - Thread Creation

Last edited:
Soldato
Cool would love to see what Lion brings to the table and if its nice and cheap like snow leopard as the tiger to leopard jump was over the top on price...

Iphone would be interesting too!

Permabanned
Looking forward to this. In particular looking forward to Lion. I'm interested to see what kind of (if any) security enhancements Apple are making to the OS considering it's surge in popularity and market share in the last few years.

Associate
inb4 iPhone 5 is the one more thing. After last year's bugger up I'm sure they'd love to throw a new phone in our faces while being totally silent.:p

Looking forward to iOS 5 as well, I'm hoping for more than some polish to the standard grid layout.

Associate
Is it definitely not being broadcast live like last year? The last few keynotes have been available to stream providing you were using OSX or iOS devices.

Soldato
OP
Is it definitely not being broadcast live like last year? The last few keynotes have been available to stream providing you were using OSX or iOS devices.

We won't know until nearer the time whether or not it's being streamed - But the last apple event wasn't streamed :(

But if it is streamed, I will keep the OP updated, so keep an eye out :)

---

The last few Apple conferences have been a pretty big disappointment in my opinion - I hope they can blow people away with some new things :p I'm really hoping for some more information on the new MobileMe service that is being rumoured, and see what is coming up in the next MacOS update :)

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Macbook Air expected refresh would be nice... no idea if it'll be announced here or just brought in like the iMacs were

Associate
I think I'm actually looking forward to finding out about the new OS' more than anything else. Will be interesting to find out where we're heading with Lion and iOS5.

Ofc iPhone 5 would be awesome too.

Back
Top Bottom