** The Official WWDC 2011 Thread **

Associate
For me, iOS 5 is the one I'm looking forward to, iOS4 is starting to show its age now, it needs quite a lot of improvement , in particular notifications. Im not that interested in a new phone, unless it a major change rather than chucking an A5 processor in it an calling it a day.

Just have to wait, cant be bothered keeping up with rumours, which are wrong 80% of the time.

Soldato
I really hope they unveil the iPhone 5, if only because my 3GS contract technically finishes in June and I don't want to wait any longer (although I will if I have to). I'm really hoping iOS 5, in addition to sorting out notifications, offers a few things that really raise the bar for a mobile OS instead of just keeping it up to date.

Soldato
Can't wait for Lion... Hope it brings something good to the table for a nice cheap price :)

(although I am expecting the price to be more than snow leopard)

Man of Honour
Hoping for iPhone 5 :)

Only if it comes with ios5 which would need to be a big leap forward. If ip4 can run ios5 and it's not a huge leap forward, then I can't see why you would move.
Here's hoping for a massive ios5 update, to keep onto of android and make use of dual core.

Soldato
The white iPhone 4 only just coming out does leave a part of me wondering how true these 'September release' rumours are, but equally Apple have probably kept the 5 under such a tight lock and key after last year's prototypes went walkabout that we won't really know till on the day, probably.

Soldato
Rumours(!)
a) Apple have been inviting various UK press, iPhone UK advertising team etc to WWDC
b) They have very recently placed adds for actors/actresses from 18-50 in 'happy, smiley' type adverts.

Associate
My contract runs out this month so I hope they do announce a new phone, but if not, I'm still happy with the iPhone 4 I have.

I hope we see some bigger interface improvements, specifically for the iPad, and im really looking forward to what they have to say about Lion!

Soldato
what are the chances of Lion been priced like Snow Leopard ??

Very slim, but it won't be too expensive!

Snow leopard was cheap to upgrade due to it being a kind of "addon". Lion on the other hand will be more of an "upgrade". When "mountain lion" is released then it will have a small fee as it will be more of an "addon" than an "upgrade".

"" are used as although I say snow leopard was an addon, it did a lot more than an addon would suggest.

Man of Honour
I hope they change iOS a bit. The iPhone is a bit stale now, it could do with a few new features and changes.

I wonder if we will see the new iPhone though, hmm!

I kind of hope not because I'm enjoying my Galaxy S II at the moment :p

Though the new iPhone would need some software changes for me to buy one.

Back
Top Bottom