** The Official WWDC 2012 Thread **

Soldato
The new iMacs will be out well before WWDC

For that to happen Apple would either do a small launch, which won't happen if this is the big refresh that it'll likely be, or they'll have another conference for it, which they won't, because WWDC has already been announced.

Soldato
The iPhone-5 may be launched at WWDC - it may not. Point is nobody knows for sure - and like the last iPhone thread a lot of people were shocked by Apple.

Soldato
The iPhone-5 may be launched at WWDC - it may not. Point is nobody knows for sure - and like the last iPhone thread a lot of people were shocked by Apple.

It won't be, trust me.

People may have been shocked by what Apple launched last time, but not by the timescales. They'll never replace an iPhone or iPad inside of a year, it makes no market sense whatsoever.

Man of Honour
For that to happen Apple would either do a small launch, which won't happen if this is the big refresh that it'll likely be, or they'll have another conference for it, which they won't, because WWDC has already been announced.

It won't be a big launch though, as I highly doubt it would be a big refresh. It's going to be a spec bump, Ivy Bridge, and 79x0M GPUs along with a couple of other things.

If it would have been anything more, we would have seen part leaks or rumours by now. It will be a Tuesday launch where the store goes down, then has new iMacs on when it comes back up

Man of Honour

It won't be, trust me.

People may have been shocked by what Apple launched last time, but not by the timescales. They'll never replace an iPhone or iPad inside of a year, it makes no market sense whatsoever.

I have to agree, they'll wait until September~ time again.

Have you seen the Q2 sales figures for the iPhone? The amount being sold is absolutely insane (35 million~).

Associate
As much as I'd like to see a new iPhone I don't think there will be

As already said, too soon after the 4S launch and usually the rumours are flying round a couple of months in advance of the new iPhone releases

Soldato
I have to agree, they'll wait until September~ time again.

Have you seen the Q2 sales figures for the iPhone? The amount being sold is absolutely insane (35 million~).

I saw that, in Q1 this year, they sold over half a million iOS devices A DAY!!!

That's just insane. When they've sold 67 million iPads since the launch two years ago, what chance do competitors stand?

Soldato
That's just insane. When they've sold 67 million iPads since the launch two years ago, what chance do competitors stand?

On current form no chance at all but the pressure is on Apple to keep this up.

I have just heard a little secret from someone who works with Apple and she whispered in my ear that the screen will be 'Polymer glass'. It does seem iPhone 5 could be coming despite of the 4S not long been out.

That rumour has been floating around for a bit. The technology won't be ready for June nor would the new Qualcomm modem that Apple need to enable LTE in the iPhone. So like everybody and his dog is saying the iPhone 5 will be in Autumn or Fall if you're an American!!!

Back
Top Bottom