*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
That doesn't sound right at all. Could be a faulty unit.

Were you playing titanfall?

Yeah I was thinking that, seems better today but ill monitor it.

Nah, is Titan Fall worth getting? Already got AW on PS4.

The X1 was really for the gf as she wanted all the fitness stuff.Kinect is quite cool but a little gimmicky, prefer to control with smart glass. Still unsure if I rate the OS, not as snappy as the PS4. The auto sign in with Kinect is cool but also a little creepy.

Tempted by MCC to relive some split screen good times :) not fussed about Halo 3 4 or 5. The original and sequel is where it was at!

Soldato
Or you could buy a controller shell off the auction site for under a tenner...

Don't do this, I'd rather have a chipped trigger. The quality of those shells are rubbish.

How do I know this?

Because I have one and cannot take it off now because I threaded a screw :D (But the overal quality of the shell is rubbish).

Associate
Blast it. I dropped my Xbone controller on to a wooden floor and it's chipped the end of the trigger! Clearly not as sturdy as the 360 one which has hit the deck many a time. It's right where I put my finger so I can feel it. Will have to get a new one now. Are they only in black and white so far?
Can't you fill it?
Dash of epoxy,fine grade wet n dry followed by couple of coats of dulux and bobs your aunty;)

Soldato
Soldato
Okay again the X1 seems to have frozen. Apps stop loading and if I try to turn off the pad becomes unresponsive and the kinect appears to go off but the white logo on the console continues to flash for ages. Ended up having to power off at the wall.

Basically it's happened twice, is the console faulty? Worth getting a replacement?

I haz 4090!
Don
Okay again the X1 seems to have frozen. Apps stop loading and if I try to turn off the pad becomes unresponsive and the kinect appears to go off but the white logo on the console continues to flash for ages. Ended up having to power off at the wall.

Basically it's happened twice, is the console faulty? Worth getting a replacement?

It shouldn't be doing that

Soldato

I would get it looked at, I have mine since march and hasn't hung or crashed once. Definitely something wrong with yours. Sorry man.

Soldato
Yeah, might need to replace then. Shame as I cant be bothered with the hassle.its also taking ages to download/install games. Perhaps an HDD issue.

Update - Need for speed took all night (around 7 hours) to download and install.

PS4 version took around 2 hours.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apparently its something MS are addressing and should be fixed soonish. :)

Considering they have been talking about improving it since January and they are still horrible, I'll believe it when I see it.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/424216034216660992

Also patch sizes on the XB1 are just silly, Ryse has a 9GB patch. Sniper Elite 3 has like a 12-13GB update, compared to the 500MB update on the PS4.

Back
Top Bottom