1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by peahead, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Mr Men

Sgarrista

Go to the store to redeem a code, which seems the logical place to find it.

2. Ade74

Hitman

thinking about picking up an xbox one but the majority of bundles don't come with Kinect. is kinect useful? can you get along without it, without impacting on the xbox one experience?

3. kmetek

Soldato

erm probably lame question

how good is xbox in terms of playing/streaming hd movies/series + codecs/subtitles?

4. Mr Men

Sgarrista

Yeah you can get along fine without it, I don't use mine at all but others on here swear by it.

5. Kenai

Capodecina

Don't have one and don't really feel like it's missing. You certainly won't be getting faced with screens saying you can't do x y or z because you've not got Kinect.

If anything I'd still personally place it in the gimmick category. If they really do something special with it, they won't be expensive to pick up later.

6. sparkymark75

Mobster

If it wasn't for the the Fitness app, I would do without Kinect.

7. davewhite04

Mobster

All I get is buy this or that no "logical" position for redeem code, unless you are someone who has owned a console for more than 1 day it is a crap interface.

8. MagicBoy

Capodecina

Just shout "Redeem a code" at the Kinect, then it'll scan the barcode via the camera. Simples!

9. Mr Men

Sgarrista

Were would you put it? It might well be crap thankfully I spend most of my time gaming and not in the dashboard :p

10. Battery!

Wise Guy

Use the plex app, it's perfect.

11. Phonesis

Wise Guy

Love the way you can get the old Xbox 360 interface when in BC games by pressing the options and share button together.

Odd last night though. Went on Vegas 1 with a mate via the BC and we were playing together and in an Xbox One party. The party died and we couldn't get it going again. So I sent him a party request via the 360 interface within the BC mode in Vegas. It worked! So we spent our time in an Xbox 360 party lol. Proved more reliable!

12. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

I was hoping for Mass effect to be added but there is rumour of a triple pack coming out soon.

Hopefully they will add Gotham 4 soon.

13. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

The XBox One party system is a pile of excrement. It's constantly failing with my mates.

14. ic1male

Caporegime

No way. Are these new rumours or rumours from yesteryear when other remasters were being announced? I might just die of excitement if they came true.

15. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Tbh I have lost track of all the rumours on this as well but I have heard that a triple pack with all DLC for the 3 games is meant to be coming....

No idea how true but we can hope.

16. Phonesis

Wise Guy

I tried this last night but realised you need to pay for the Plex subscription to use the app?! Is it really worth paying for?

17. pepp77

Mobster

Just need to wait for the plex pass preview period to end. I reckon should be only a couple of months now.

18. HeX

Capodecina

I would kill for a 1080P, 60FPS, all DLC, remastered Mass Effect trilogy.

19. Phog

Mobster

I was looking on the settings last night and saw under the video tab there is Colours setting with options 'Standard' or 'PC RGB'. Which is 'best' to use out of them? I play on a TV rather than a pc monitor so presume I should use the former? Was originally set to pc rgb though...

20. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Does your TV support the extended HDMI colour range?

Is yes put in on PC RGB, if no put it on standard.