*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

xbox one S = 4K video/ HD gaming,old xbox one hardware gaming wise (released August this year)
scorpio= 4K video+gaming (released Christmas 2017)

4K gaming at 60FPS....VR as well.

8 Cores
6 TFlops
320GB/s memory bandwidth
4K/VR Gaming
BC and forward compatible

Most impressive feat it'll accomplish is VR at 1080p 30fps, maybe 60fps in less demanding titles. There won't be a game out that the Scorpio will run in 4k above 30fps, and most that look better than PacMan will be 720/1080p upscaled to hell.

Looks like the One S has a more power than the original.

Gears of War 4 employs a dynamic resolution system that tweaks the game's rendering resolution in both single-player and multiplayer to maintain its target frame rate in each mode (30 frames per second and 60 fps, respectively). According to Fergusson, the Xbox One S has additional raw GPU and CPU power compared to the Xbox One, and The Coalition's engineers have been able to take advantage of that to reduce the frequency of frame rate or resolution penalties in more demanding sections of the game.

Very interesting, I have been looking to jump back on the XBOX bandwagon for some time now and this may sway me. I wonder if the MCC will run a little better?

Same here, be nice to have both a ps4 and xbox one.

I did say to myself I would never own both consoles but the prices are very reasonable for this new slim version, I can't see myself owning both the scorpio or neo though but thats a decision for a later date.

Last edited:
I wonder if the new xbox slim s will be able to bitstream DTS HD/ Dolby HD?

Am I correct in thinking the current xbox one cant do this.

If I got this, I would take out my sony bluray player and most likely use the xbox slim as my media player as well, providing its quite like the current xbox one.

i'm thinking about swapping my xbox one for xbox one s for the following reasons

4k player (once current gen gets 'old' i can move to another TV and use as 4k player and still play xbox 360/one games

my current xbox only got 500GB i've used 99% space

will cost me £60 for HDD 2TB and i also get extra controller (worth £100?)

current xbox sell for around £180 2nd hand

£180
£100 (upgrade current one)
£280 or swap for new model for £350, will only cost me £70 to swap i can see this console out lasting my PS4 and xbox due to 4k player and 2TB hDD and backlog of playable games.

EDIT: if i purchased Xbox Scorpio they said every digital game purchased will be playable on both consoles.

Last edited:
i'm thinking about swapping my xbox one for xbox one s for the following reasons

4k player (once current gen gets 'old' i can move to another TV and use as 4k player and still play xbox 360/one games

my current xbox only got 500GB i've used 99% space

will cost me £60 for HDD 2TB and i also get extra controller (worth £100?)

current xbox sell for around £180 2nd hand

£180
£100 (upgrade current one)
£280 or swap for new model for £350, will only cost me £70 to swap i can see this console out lasting my PS4 and xbox due to 4k player and 2TB hDD and backlog of playable games.

EDIT: if i purchased Xbox Scorpio they said every digital game purchased will be playable on both consoles.

it's very good rationale when you put it like that, £100 you were going to spend anyway on a HDD and a pad (They'll only bundle a £40 i'm pretty sure it won't be the Elite)

Although I'm not desperate for more HDD or another pad, they're both always handy, and I want a white smaller console :p

it's very good rationale when you put it like that, £100 you were going to spend anyway on a HDD and a pad (They'll only bundle a £40 i'm pretty sure it won't be the Elite)

Although I'm not desperate for more HDD or another pad, they're both always handy, and I want a white smaller console :p

plus everything else they added, don't seem like a bad swap.

i also think xbox one s (2TB + 4k player £350) vs PS4 (£299 500GB) put xbox back on the table and could help them turn things around, can't get any worst.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...D.3404857700?icid=UK_X1Console_ModD_EDM_61416
can't find price for 500gb or 1TB, listed anywhere?

EDIT: price based on Sony and microsoft website only

Last edited:
Ck3XTy_UYAEn9ab.jpg:large

Drooooooool :D

Back
Top Bottom