*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

So no graphic upgrade. No Ssd as standard 4K video only and nothing about VR

I think this is just to reduce the consoles size, update the HD and maybe get some sales for those that want a 4K player in their homes, as that is something the PS4 hasn't got, so it'll capture some sales from Sony in that regard.

From E3 i think i'll be buying these:-

- Forza Horizon 3
- Battlefield 1
- State of Decay 2
- probably a Scorpio next Christmas

Was it only Tekkan Tag 2 & Limbo that are free for gold members or did i miss any other games?

So the Xbox one S should have been the Xbox one to start with. Talk about playing catch up to PS4

yep. But the 4K player is going to overtake Sony as the current PS4 has no 4K player..

and I doubt Sony are going to introduce a PS4 with a 4K player this E3 so MS have that one in the bag...

The NEO from Sony could change in spec after the Scorpio announcement but as said, the x1 is so far behind Sony - the 4K player is a good idea as it will mean a few will think, hmm 4K TV, 4K player and a games console all in one. Yeah that'll do me, sold.

PS3 did very well on back of its blu ray player.

yep. But the 4K player is going to overtake Sony as the current PS4 has no 4K player..

and I doubt Sony are going to introduce a PS4 with a 4K player this E3 so MS have that one in the bag...

The NEO from Sony could change in spec after the Scorpio announcement but as said, the x1 is so far behind Sony - the 4K player is a good idea as it will mean a few will think, hmm 4K TV, 4K player and a games console all in one. Yeah that'll do me, sold.

PS3 did very well on back of its blu ray player.

I cant see this making much difference unless 95% of gamers decided to go out and buy a 4k TV now. Most current console owners will stick with what they have got and then invest maybe in 4k tech when Scorpio and Neo are released.
No doubt sales will improve for xbox one though, but overtake the current PS4, Im not so sure.

Last edited:
I missed the pricing of the S amongst all the hubbub. It's available in August.

UPDATE: UK Xbox One S pricing has been confirmed. The 2TB launch edition will cost £349/€399; the 1TB edition £299/€349; and the 500GB edition £249/€299.

I missed the pricing of the S amongst all the hubbub. It's available in August.

UPDATE: UK Xbox One S pricing has been confirmed. The 2TB launch edition will cost £349/€399; the 1TB edition £299/€349; and the 500GB edition £249/€299.

Nice prices, tempted to get the 1tb but I have no idea how the games install on the xbox one, do they require the disk to play still like the ps4.

Nice prices, tempted to get the 1tb but I have no idea how the games install on the xbox one, do they require the disk to play still like the ps4.

yep, insert disc and game installs. apart from when it needs an update to the base game, and then you must wait for the update to install, which IMO is a right PITA.

But other then this, its the same, does seem to take longer then PS4 but TBH its not that long, the updates if they are larger updates can take a while depending on internet speed.

It's the same, Ken. Put the disc in, game installs and runs from HDD. Disc is required at the start of each launch for verification.

yep, insert disc and game installs. apart from when it needs an update to the base game, and then you must wait for the update to install, which IMO is a right PITA.

But other then this, its the same, does seem to take longer then PS4 but TBH its not that long, the updates if they are larger updates can take a while depending on internet speed.

Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom