*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Is that for new accounts only?
It's for any account that has inactive gamepass (so expired or never owned). My 2 months for $1 trial just expired and I immediately signed up for this. 5 months for $2 seems like a bargain to me no matter how little I use it. Already cancelled the auto renew just in case.

Soldato
Now the Xbox One S ADE (All Digital Edition) has officially been announced, release 7th May along side Game Pass Ultimate, later in the year Who is going to get the disc less console ?

Soldato
Now the Xbox One S ADE (All Digital Edition) has officially been announced, release 7th May along side Game Pass Ultimate, later in the year Who is going to get the disc less console ?

Not me. Digital prices are ridiculous and the only time I buy games from the store is when they are on offer.

Soldato
I think digital for xbox will work mostly due to the game pass, that many games on there could easily wait for a sale to get the newer releases.

I think MS will have more success for digital games than Sony, purely due to there game pass service.

Soldato

It might be a tempting proposition to some with the right bundle or discount, but assuming the regular One S will still be sold alongside it there'd need to be a compelling reason to get the disc-less one.

I get the impression they're using this to test whether there's an appetite for disc-less at all. If it's a flop they haven't spend any money on new designs or retooling and if it's a success, it'll perhaps influence the design of the next Xbox console.

Soldato
Xbox one s started to drop in couple places already I suspect due to the digital version coming out.

I can easily see retailers selling digital one for £130/150 shortly after release

Soldato
For that kind of price, I could see myself picking one up when I just need a new controller! :p Xbox One Elite controller or normal Xbox controller plus an entire console? Hmm.
I honestly belive, it can get a one s for £190 new now, i can see the prices dropping with a small drop on one x

Last edited:
Associate
I’m weighing up either another Xbox one S or an Xbox one X.
I bought an S for rdr2 when it first came out but ended up getting rid but now I regret it.
I know the differences between the S&X but can anyone tell me if they are real noticeable? It will be hooked up to a 4K TV.

Caporegime
If you’re using a 4K TV forget about the S right away. The picture will look really soft even with 1080p but a fair amount of games are 900p or less on that system. You won’t get any high res textures because of the decreased memory and load times will be marginally slower. X all the way for you, mister.

Associate
I’m weighing up either another Xbox one S or an Xbox one X.
I bought an S for rdr2 when it first came out but ended up getting rid but now I regret it.
I know the differences between the S&X but can anyone tell me if they are real noticeable? It will be hooked up to a 4K TV.

Upgraded from the S to the X myself not that long ago and it's night and day. Loading speeds, graphics, and frame rate are all improved. It's probably not far off the difference between the 360 and the One to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom