***The Officially Official 'Rugby League in 2023' Thread***

Decent first half from Wigan.

***edit***

60-0 FT. Crushing.

Wakefield were shocking. Their games against Leigh could decide who stays up.

Away for the HKR game. From the highlights (and from friends who went), HKR were deserved winners.

I thought Cas looked ok against Sts, but you need to take every chance when you play them. Wigan always struggle at Cas.

There is no way that Warrington would have come back to win that game last season. Made of sterner stuff this year it seems. Thought the sin bin for the Salford full back was a bit harsh tbh and it pretty much turned the game. Best team overall won though

There is no way that Warrington would have come back to win that game last season. Made of sterner stuff this year it seems. Thought the sin bin for the Salford full back was a bit harsh tbh and it pretty much turned the game. Best team overall won though

I thought normal business had resumed by half time. Different mentality than last year.

I think the sin bin was harsh as an isolated incident but it came after a few set restarts and a penalty.

You can pick away at every ref decision though, there were two incidents in the game were the ref has said Warrington have touch the ball so possession went back to Salford neither time did it look like it touched a Warrington player, one in the first half Salford scored on the next set. One in the second half Dufty went through to score only to be brought back.

14-0 HT at Brutus.

Could have done without Hull FC hurting Rougé, but that's their game :rolleyes:

***edit***

Second half not going brilliantly for Hull yet. 32-0 as I type this. Keighran with the majority of the points for us.

***edit 2***

38-6 FT. Could'a been more.

Last edited:
I saw the score but no match highlights yet. What the heck happened?
Leigh were just better. We were our own worst enemies....penalties, errors, penalty for dissent. Got what we deserved and a massive wake up.

We will learn fro that one though. Saints proving it happens to the best of us, too.

Reactions: JRS
The writing was on the wall in his interviews after the Sts game when he talked about how much better they were at every level than Cas. Interesting to see who they pick up as his replacement

I didn't go to the game, but the consensus from friends who went was that Cas were super competitive until Wigan went ahead and then collapsed.

Looking forward to Catalan on Thursday night, but we do have heavy snow forecasts for Thursday. The pitch isn't the issue when this happens at Wigan, its the car parks and surrounding area that put the game at risk. Fingers crossed

An unusual show of common snese by the disciplinary regarding Liam Marshall. He was away in the clear (and you know nobody's cathing him when that happens) when the ref stepped into his path. Marhsall made contact with ime and I was worried he was going to get a ban. No Further Action.

Looking at the Match Review minutes https://www.rugby-league.com/article/61483/disciplinary-|-match-review-panel , what has SDK done? They usually go to town if you try to pick up an 'injured' player.

Last edited:
Wigan 2-12 Catalans at HT.

Occasional spot of handbaggery. Manu Ma'u yellow at the end of the first half probably deserved. Let's see how the second half goes, reckon the conditions will eventually start getting to les Dracs.

***edit***

10-18 FT. That'll do nicely :)

Last edited:
Wigan 2-12 Catalans at HT.

Occasional spot of handbaggery. Manu Ma'u yellow at the end of the first half probably deserved. Let's see how the second half goes, reckon the conditions will eventually start getting to les Dracs.

***edit***

10-18 FT. That'll do nicely :)
This is pretty much the blueprint to beat Wigan. Tackle hard, run straight, complete sets, keep the ball away from French :)

Wasn't a great spectacle. I thought the ref kept a short 10 and allowed too much messing in the ptb. He did it for both teams (I think its a trait of inexperienced refs tbh), but it definitely suited Catalans better. Catalan handled the conditions really well. I can't remember being so cold at a game for ages.

Wigan just look a bit lightweight up the middle (again). They will be hard to handle in May thru August, but you don't win play off games then. Most of the metres are made by outside backs. The stats for the forwards usually look pretty poor in terms of carries/meters. The thinking is that it saves the forwards to dominate in defence. When they don't (like last Thursday), they don't really have a plan B. Next two games are Huddersfield away and Salford at home. You can see them struggling in both those games

4 HIAs in the first half for Rovers, only one passed. This is just standard stuff for us, you don't stand a chance under those circumstances.

In other news, Gareth Hock has been remanded in custody for rape, assault and coercive behaviour....imagine my shock. Always been a wrong 'un.

Back
Top Bottom