***The Officially Official 'Rugby League in 2023' Thread***

Still not getting my hopes up
Wire are playing very well at the moment, we shall see.

Run of the mill victory for Rovers last night though that probably does them a disservice, it was a very professional job. Ryan Hall picked up and injury but we should have three HIAs back next week for the visit of Leeds.

Leeds are a weird team this year, very hot and cold. They were truly dreadful against Wire but in other games they have shown glimpses of real quality, just not sure which Leeds will turn up against Rovers, probably the grand final one knowing us!

Saturday afternoon RL on C4 today, whats not to love?

Leeds too good for us in the second half. Losing May and Goudemand did a lot of damage.

But, we had to lose a match sometime. Now we've got that out of the way - allez les Dracs!

Yeah big run of Catalan Saints and Wigan.

Can’t complain we are 100% better than last season. Almost already have the same amount of points as last season!

Any wakey or Cas fans here?
I can tell you now that I think we've pulled Wakeys pants down with this swap deal for Corey Hall with Will Dagger going the other way. Dagger out of contract end of this year with Hall contracted with wakey to 2025.

No idea what is going on at Wakey.

Last edited:
Sometimes Jordan Abdull gets criticised for being a bit of a one-trick pony with those high bombs but it paid dividends tonight! Rovers by far the better team in the conditions and deserved the win - will be a different prospect at Headingley, but for now just enjoying that one.

Only thing that took the gloss off it slightly was that despite the win we went down a place in the table due to Saints slightly better g/d!

Sometimes Jordan Abdull gets criticised for being a bit of a one-trick pony with those high bombs but it paid dividends tonight! Rovers by far the better team in the conditions and deserved the win - will be a different prospect at Headingley, but for now just enjoying that one.

Only thing that took the gloss off it slightly was that despite the win we went down a place in the table due to Saints slightly better g/d!
Great game, great weather, great result for anyone that hates Leeds!

I thought Leigh might have turned Wigan over. Wigan looked a lot better with and without the ball than in recent games. They made over 300m more than Leigh with the ball - long time since Wigan did that to anybody. I can't see why it's taken so long to get French to full back. No idea how long Field will be out or who will replace him at 6 for the Sts game. He had months out with a hamstring injury a couple of seasons ago, so fingers crossed

The tension of rivals week...

Always hate this game vut its got to be done, Rovers in the unenviable position of being favourites for this game makes me unbelievably nervous. Should have captain fantastic Shaun Kenny Dowall back for it as well as Tom Opacic.

Back
Top Bottom