***The Officially Official 'Rugby League in 2023' Thread***

Soldato
Dudson rightfully getting a long ban for that punch on the weekend and hopefully that £500 fine wiped the smile from his smug face as he exited the field of play. Crazy behaviour.

Knowles also copped a 5 game ban for a chicken wing but I've not seen that one.

Reactions: JRS
Soldato
A very decent game from two good sides at Craven Park tonight, Saints played very well considering they were well down on middles but Rovers had the steel to push ahead in that second half. Good debut from new signing Corey Hall too.

If Leigh beat wakey by 82 points they will go ahead of Saints in the table!

Its not how you start a season though, its how you end it.

We got Cas up next, nice to get 5 wins in a row going into international break, but its a tough place to go.

Associate
No, the KPP 'tackle' doesn't look too clever does it? Lucky lad to not be sitting down next weekend.

With regards to the Dudson incident, I'd heard that Johnstone and Dudson's missus had been quite 'friendly'.

Going into the Easter break, I couldn't see Wigan winning a game but they have ended up 3/3. Shorrocks has been the most surprising player - a loan to Leigh is usually the kiss of death for a Wigan career. I can't say that Wigan are setting the game alight with their open play, but they're winning the big games again. Isa is playing like a man possessed.

Soldato
No, the KPP 'tackle' doesn't look too clever does it? Lucky lad to not be sitting down next weekend.

With regards to the Dudson incident, I'd heard that Johnstone and Dudson's missus had been quite 'friendly'.

Going into the Easter break, I couldn't see Wigan winning a game but they have ended up 3/3. Shorrocks has been the most surprising player - a loan to Leigh is usually the kiss of death for a Wigan career. I can't say that Wigan are setting the game alight with their open play, but they're winning the big games again. Isa is playing like a man possessed.
Wigan are Wigan, they are always there or thereabouts, just a very strong outfit.

Associate
No too sure on the Luke Thompson to Wigan stories. He has aid in the past that he would never play for Wigan, but that was before he burned his bridges at St by refusing to take a pay cut during Covid. His style of play isn't sustainable over a long career. He absolutely rips in, which is great, but you can't see him playing like that until his 30s. I reckon he'll end up at Gold Coast with Justin Holbrook

Soldato
Sheesh that is the very definition of winning ugly. Hard earned W and a tough encounter of which both teams will be feeling the effects. Good job there are two weeks off now.

5 in a row....not seen that happen since....our 2009 season when we finished 4th.

Back
Top Bottom