***The Officially Official 'Rugby League in 2023' Thread***

Associate
Match Wigan up front and they are there for the taking.

Catalan didn't match them up front, they ripped them a new one. Just a real lack of size in Wigan's pack. Has been for a few seasons now. They are a few forwards down and have some young lads playing too many games too soon atm. Could do with a Warreah-Hargreaves or somebody similar. The backs will be fine if they can play behind some decent go forward. The reserves at Wigan are full of relatively light, mobile forwards, so there's nothing coming through that way

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Associate
Crazy red card for Wigan (but not as pointlessly stupid as the Hull player's or as sickening as the Leigh one), but they held on. I wonder what some of the old school would have thought of that as a head butt :), but if you do that you can expect a red card and 3-4 weeks on the sideline. I think a lot of Wigan hanging was down to Wire just being not very good tbh. Powell is leading a bit of a charmed life atm. Havard had a great game (and the club have announced a new 4 year deal for him - I thought he was nailed on for NRL) and Smith moved them around the pitch really well.

I wonder where the semi will be? Its a double header and 3 of the teams are from Lancashire. Warrington is my guess.

Reactions: JRS
Soldato
Sad way to end an excellent career. Frankly though, he would play one game, get a HIA early on, have to miss the next 1-2 games, come back for one game and get another HIA and this just kept repeating. Not good for his health foremost, but not good for the team either.

An excellent player nonetheless, he just had a cursed time at HKR sadly.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Associate
Hopefully, I'll be in a position to go to Catalans away next season. The only other time I have managed it, they switched the game to Montpelier (it proper lashed it down for the entire weekend and Wigan lost). I remember being in an Irish bar just off the main square and the bar staff were hurriedly crossing out prices and adding 2 euros across the board :rolleyes:

Leigh will beat Wigan at least once this season - it's written in the stars.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Hopefully, I'll be in a position to go to Catalans away next season. The only other time I have managed it, they switched the game to Montpelier (it proper lashed it down for the entire weekend and Wigan lost). I remember being in an Irish bar just off the main square and the bar staff were hurriedly crossing out prices and adding 2 euros across the board :rolleyes:

That's Irish bars for you :p

Leigh will beat Wigan at least once this season - it's written in the stars.

On their day I reckon they can beat anyone in the Super League. They're having a great year and more than deserve their spot in the top flight.

Wakefield, on the other hand...and it's quite painful to watch. Today would have been my pa's 69th birthday, he was born up that way and he'd have hated seeing them as tail-end charlies.

Associate
Keighran being linked with Wigan again. Haven't really taken much notice of how he's been playing. Is he any good?

Is Chan any good? He just seems like another lightweight mobile forward of the type that Wigan have coming out of their ears tbh

The vagaries of the salary cap/new marquee player rules mean that its likely that Toby King goes back to Warrington. Pity for Wigan (as he really fits into the philosophy of centres doing yardage) and King (he just didn't get on with Powell at all). Warrington are getting a better player back than the one they let go

Soldato
Unbelievable reffing again this time in the Wolves vs Saints game, I can't believe such bad decisions are allowed to go on, it's on bloomin' Sky TV with cameras everywhere but the ref is the only one who couldn't see a forward pass!!!!!!

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Keighran being linked with Wigan again. Haven't really taken much notice of how he's been playing. Is he any good?

Very.
Is Chan any good? He just seems like another lightweight mobile forward of the type that Wigan have coming out of their ears tbh

He is good. Like you say, I'm not sure he's the player Wigan need right now though.

The vagaries of the salary cap/new marquee player rules mean that its likely that Toby King goes back to Warrington. Pity for Wigan (as he really fits into the philosophy of centres doing yardage) and King (he just didn't get on with Powell at all). Warrington are getting a better player back than the one they let go

Yep.

Meanwhile, y'all let Wakefield get you in golden point ET. Can't wait to see the highlights of that one and find out what happened.

Huddersfield visiting Brutus today. Hope it's bloody warm, we need a 'blow them away' kind-of result to cement that lead in the table now that Saints are getting their act together again.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
St Helens 12-14 Catalans. Nice way to bounce back, even if it was made harder by officialdom. Steve McNamara ended up talking to the match commissioner at half time with the amount of crappy calls Moore was coming out with :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom