***The Officially Official 'Rugby League in 2023' Thread***

Soldato
As much as I am enjoying Rovers being so high in the league, the way SL is set up it devalues finishing top of the table with preference to the GF. Is anybody seriously talking about Saints right now? If it were football, people would be all over this story...but as its GF focussed, nobody pays attention.

Reactions: JRS

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Amusement ahead of Catalans-Saints last night. Chairman Guasch paraded some of his wares, and it all got a bit out of hand:

:D

The match itself continued being a bit strange. It was all Dragons for the opening 25 minutes, except on the scoreboard and we found ourselves 0-12 down. Then we finally figured our **** out and stuck 24 unanswered points past them. A welcome return to winning ways.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Cas 22-46 Dragons. That'll do. Could've done without Keighran picking up that ankle injury though, hopefully he's a quick one to mend.

@TonyM19 - uh...commiserations for whatever was going on with Wigan in that second half against Leeds.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
@TonyM19 - uh...commiserations for the continued Leeds-shaped hangover that Wigan appear to be experiencing. That first half was not good.

***Edit***

That's a bit more like it though :)

Last edited:
Associate
Golden point will be the end of me!

Seriously, what's wrong with a draw?

Wigan got rolled up the middle, but went at HKR right edge in the first half. No joy down there in the second half when SDK moved over. As usual, we just wait for French to pull us out of the mire.

If rumours are true, Sam Walters will be a good pick up for Wigan next year. Still room to put a bit more weight on his frame and very aggressive.

Sts aren't the team they have been, but I still wouldn't want to play them in a cup game or play off. Knowles charging out of the line putting pressure on first receiver is a big miss. He plays on the edge, but if you take this out of his game he isn't as effective. They'll win something this year I reckon

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Was a decent Saturday all-around in the south of France. Catalans with a good win over Wigan, Toulouse beating 'fax, and in the other code Perpignan triumphed against Grenoble to stay in the top flight.

Back
Top Bottom