The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideologically I agree with your statement.

The sad observation I've made about capitalism is most of the time the company doesn't invest or innovate. So the product is just left in state.

I think Twitter needs to implement the rules the UK government bill is proposing i.e. have the ability to be authenticated and then have the ability to not see those not authenticated.

I think we should all be in a VR world by now.

Isnt one of Musks new rules that you have to authenticate to post? I cant wait for all those that complained about Whatsapp asking for real name to leave Twitter.

Isnt one of Musks new rules that you have to authenticate to post? I cant wait for all those that complained about Whatsapp asking for real name to leave Twitter.

I suspect he'll do that as thats what the UK government is asking for.

I'm all for people authenticating (as long as we know the data is secure).

It'll be interesting if that did happen how it would change the atmosphere on Twitter.

It gets even better!

'Gab’s Twitter Account Gets Unverified After Sour Grapes Blog Post About Elon Musk.'

Understanding that, there is no official statement about why Gab.com’s Twitter account is no longer verified. Was it an error, a response to something posted on the site or elsewhere, or backlash? Well, CEO Andrew Torba believes it’s a punishment for daring to post a blog essay criticizing Elon Musk.

There are a few interesting things about all this. First of all, the blog post looks a lot like sour grapes, considering that just a few weeks ago, Torba was begging Musk to dump his money into Gab, in exchange for a board seat, instead of Twitter.

...Second, in his previous post, Torba was praising Musk’s devotion to “bringing more free speech to the internet for more people” — but now he believes that Musk is punishing him for criticism by snatching back his precious blue checkmark.

Finally, perhaps the most important thing — while a lot of conservatives are crediting Musk for a boost in followers, and “testing” their ability to post things that have been against Twitter’s rules — is that while Twitter and Musk have reached an agreement, the deal hasn’t gone through yet.

The New York Times reports that the deal doesn’t close for another three to six months — so Musk isn’t controlling the site at the moment.

:D :D :D

Im fairly sure I read an article recently that he has already broken some terms of his agreement by attacking its staff. He doesnt really want Twitter he is just trying to shut people down. I think it is called cancel culture.

Do you believe the earth is flat too?
The pre-agreement paperwork is public and includes a thing about behaviour towards twitter and it's staff, he almost immediately broke that part of it with some of his comments about Twitters lawyers.

Basically if he breaks the contract, or walks away from it he's down a billion personally, if twitter breaks the agreement they're down a billion.

A half decent lawyer (especially if they were being offered say half of the value of the breach terms) could argue, probably quite successfully that Musk has already broken the legal agreement and use Musk's own tweets against him as evidence.
which means that Musk could at almost any time have possibly the most personally expensive argument/temper tantrum in human history.

The pre-agreement paperwork is public and includes a thing about behaviour towards twitter and it's staff, he almost immediately broke that part of it with some of his comments about Twitters lawyers.

Basically if he breaks the contract, or walks away from it he's down a billion personally, if twitter breaks the agreement they're down a billion.

A half decent lawyer (especially if they were being offered say half of the value of the breach terms) could argue, probably quite successfully that Musk has already broken the legal agreement and use Musk's own tweets against him as evidence.
which means that Musk could at almost any time have possibly the most personally expensive argument/temper tantrum in human history.
Only if the other party wished to break the deal which at present seems not to be true.

He's not exactly known for his diplomacy is he, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I used to love the guy, and I do still love his work but he needs taking down a peg or two. He thinks he's invincible now and it's quite disgraceful to watch.

Only if the other party wished to break the deal which at present seems not to be true.
Aye, but if they decide to it's there to be used :)

In terms of a pre-agreement deal it seems that the Twitter lawyers have basically got it weighted nicely in their favour as they can make bank by simply accepting the offer (or it allows them to accept another deal if they give musk the chance to offer more, and then if he fails pay him), or if he pulls out, or he messes up they basically get a billion just for him offering to buy them.

how much did he loose on the $8B tesla stock options he sold - post the 10% price 'crash' - he was already down a billion there -
if he chose not to complete the T purchase and, say buy back into tesla will he win back faster that billion and the billion he will then owe twitter (teslas a safer bet)
the twitter price will itself crash if the sale doesn't go through, as stock holders try to keep some of their gains.

He's not exactly known for his diplomacy is he, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I used to love the guy, and I do still love his work but he needs taking down a peg or two. He thinks he's invincible now and it's quite disgraceful to watch.

Yeah I love his work but he shouldn't have the power that owning something like Twitter will give him, he's too emotionally unstable. In fact I'm struggling to think of any single person that I'd want to give that kind of power to.

If Tesla stock keeps dropping he's going to have to put up a lot more which will hurt the stock price. Part of me still thinks this isn't going to happen. I'm sure the board want it to though, they'll all end up incredibly rich.

Tbh I've never been a fan of him, he claims to be a libertarian but has received billions of public money, while I'm sure he's a good engineer, he's not a self made man by any stretch of the imagination, he has been constantly propped up with taxpayer money and has had many failed business ventures paid for by the American tax payer.

Tbh I've never been a fan of him, he claims to be a libertarian but has received billions of public money, while I'm sure he's a good engineer, he's not a self made man by any stretch of the imagination, he has been constantly propped up with taxpayer money and has had many failed business ventures paid for by the American tax payer.
Given that the government doesn't really make much and he creates what they want, yes, he gets tax payer money. I'm not sure why this is a bad thing? His rockets and cars are bought by private sector too.

What failed business ventures paid by the American tax payer are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom