The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find many people who do worse than credit him where it's due, but also think he's an absolute ass hat who has made some laughable business decisions too.

My personal opinion is he has an incredibly narrow window of real laser intelligence and outside of that he's not that bright. He's also got some unpleasant character traits, extreme narcissism probably being the underpinning reason.

Yeah he's just really good at all those broad range of topics he can talk in depth about, and reportedly has an IQ of 150, but probably not that bright - I reckon most people on here are smarter than him

That however isn't a get out of jail free card, and there is a difference between poor social skills and seemingly enjoying being actively unpleasant to those who are "inferior" for whatever reason.

Rocket propelled about turn when he finds out he owes 100m to the employee he's slandering on twitter as a scrounging, lying slacker.

Yep. Straight to another 'musk is evil' post. This thread is laughable.

I think most here just want to see him fail, probably jealous, than actually want him to do something that you want for society.
If that's how you cope then go for it. It's a weird coping mechanism though. Have you considered why you need to mislabel what is actually being said so that you can then dismiss the critism of poor elon? Don't you pretend to be that user that says "I'm neutral on Elon BUTTTTTT....." but then love to dismiss and downplay the criticism of Elon, while ignoring the absolute worshipping you see from roar. That's you right?

Have you considered why the same people don't want bill gates to fail? It's quite a failure in your part that you've not really thought this through isn't it. Why aren't we jealous of him? He's rich, not one person wants to see Bill Gates fail. 3 seconds thought and your theory has crumbled.

But then like last time, I imagine you'll just make some silly claims, and when people reply to them with logic, you'll just stop replying to it again.

Last edited:
If that's how you cope then go for it. It's a weird coping mechanism though. Have you considered why you need to mislabel what is actually being said so that you can then dismiss the critism of poor elon? Don't you pretend to be that user that says "I'm neutral on Elon BUTTTTTT....." but then love to dismiss and downplay the criticism of Elon, while ignoring the absolute worshipping you see from roar. That's you right?

Have you considered why the same people don't want bill gates to fail? It's quite a failure in your part that you've not really thought this through isn't it. Why aren't we jealous of him? He's rich, not one person wants to see Bill Gates fail. 3 seconds thought and your theory has crumbled.

But then like last time, I imagine you'll just make some silly claims, and when people reply to them with logic, you'll just stop replying to it again.

I'm neutral to how well Twitter is doing until there is clear evidence in huge loss of membership (or increase), or a huge profit loss that's unrecoverable - it's far too difficult to call without some some proper figures that will show us either way.

I have actually repeatedly said I like Musk, and for the reasons I have stated previously. That's not to say he is without criticism, but some of the comments here are that he is all bad and can do no good. I.E - he doesn't contribute to society, which is just a blatant lie.

I haven't really made any claims, expect ask what people expect from him (those who claim he doesn't do enough).

I'd love to see a list of what the expectations from this man from his biggest critics, should he stop space exploration and give the money to somewhere else? Should he stop Tesla and reduce Cobalt mining?

Me personally would like to see him modernise Cobalt mining and reduce the slave trade around it, but how you do that without damaging our whole modern society is way beyond my brain.

Last edited:
No it doesn't, how many times have celebrities or the rich paid someone off not because they were wrong but because they didn't want the negativity in the press. A

Ill give you hint, most of them!
Sure but don't forget it is worth. So if any of these lawsuits end up with him needing to payout then there is a good chance he'll have to dip into Tesla (and other investments) to cover them which in turn has a knock-on effect, like we've already seen during the Twitter buyout.

This is why you pay solicitors the big bucks so you don't end up in these situations to begin with.

I understand about 50% of the words here, but sounds bad if legit
Depends if they still have access to the infrastructure or not; you would assume they do but it'll be a royal p.i.t.a updating Puppet root across it all.
But i would take this all with a large pinch of salt as it isn't being reporting anywhere else other than that Twitter account.

I think most here just want to see him fail, probably jealous, than actually want him to do something that you want for society.

Where’s all the hate and jealousy for Bernard Arnault ? He is richer than Musk so surely everyone should hate him if it’s a jealousy thing, but wait… no one really cares about him because he doesn’t endlessly attention whore online like a teenager

Last edited:
Yep. Straight to another 'musk is evil' post. This thread is laughable.

You do know that psychopaths are common in leaders of business and politicians right? It doesn't make them evil, most aren't but their brains don't work like ours either.

Why would I be jealous? I can't think of anything worse than being as rich and famous as him. I like my anonymity thanks, the thought of not being able to go anywhere without being recognised and having to have to think about security just fills me with dread. Yes you can buy anything you want but that would get boring in less than a year. I think most people would find joy in helping others with their money, I'm not sure that is the case with Elon.

No I don't particularly like him, I think he's a narcissist, he doesn't think about the enormous reach he has with his Twitter account and seems to revel in causing problems and stirring up insane CT. I'm not sure if he does it because he enjoys causing chaos or he actually believes it. The latter would be more worrying.

You do know that psychopaths are common in leaders of business and politicians right? It doesn't make them evil, most aren't but their brains don't work like ours either.

That would be why he signed the giving pledge to donate at least half his assets to charity, has donated billions previously and seems to dedicate a large poriton of his efforts towards helping humanity. You may well disagree with him or his views on this for example but he's clearly concerned about freedom of speech and that was his motive re: Twitter as the leaked texts show... whether you agree with him or not the intent is there.

Likewise, he's concerned about AI safety, keen on pushing for an expedition to mars and sees space exploration as important to the future survival of humanity.

There are plenty of things to criticize about him so it seems rather silly that there are often just pointless attempts at dunks like this claim that he's a psychopath or people trying to make out that he wasn't self-made, or downplay his role in founding Tesla etc.

Why would a psychopath care about humanity or care to make a significant pledge like that or want to buy Twitter and protect "freedom of speech" *even if you disagree with his viewpoint on what does/doesn't count there*. The guy has his values and beliefs and is, in his eyes, trying to do the right thing.

A psychopath could have been happy being a centi-millionaire after PayPal and would have never had to work again, or indeed could have done the VC thing for a little while and become a single-digit billionaire and again not had to work again. They'd not necessarily have any lofty goals re: helping the rest of humanity, why would they care about humanity if they're a psychopath...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom