The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the problems the human race and more importantly life on planet earth have, getting humans to Mars is way way down the list. We are already on the only planet we know of that can support life. Mars has no atmosphere, no magnetic field, no liquid water, solar is a 1/3rd weaker than it is on earth and that is when there aren't weeks long dust storms. There won't be people living on Mars in his lifetime. Maybe crewed visits but we are years and years away from that. And even if we do eventually have people living on Mars they will be totally reliant on Earth, so if Earth was hit by an asteroid they'd all be dead as well.

I'd have more respect for the guy if he did something about the problems we have on Earth rather some vanity Mars project that won't happen.

Duh, it's easier to make the climate on Mars livable if Elon is doing it.

Trying to make our own climate livable is a waste of time if anybody else is doing it.

Roar logic....

Do you know who was the first person to say you couldn't trust MSM? Joseph Goebbels, funny that it is the right wing that has embraced that message in recent years.

Yes getting banned is more difficult. Though he is certainly throwing his personal weight behind the right wing and their messaging. Its not and never will be "The source of truth" that he is selling it as.

Have you heard yourself :D "We should trust all MSM news implicitly because they never lie or have biases and if you don't you're a Nazi" I've never come across someone so insular as you it's insane, you're literally programmed to think that anything right of "left wing" is CT disinfo.

Twitter is now well on the way to becoming as neutral as possible by giving everyone a chance to speak, no longer colluding with Government agencies to censor political opionions, and with community notes fact checking everyone, not just the "left". Although allowing anyone outside your bubble to speak isn't what you would call truth though

Russian collusion, Ghost of Kyiv, Hunter Biden laptop, 'Don't Say Gay' bill, Twitter collapse post-Elon, Nord Stream pipeline, 'Transitory' inflation, Men can get pregnant, BLM narrative, "Mostly peaceful protests, "Hands up don't shoot" lie, Muslim travel ban, '2 weeks to flatten the curve', Blaming Russia for missile that landed in Poland, Vaccine will stop the spread, Jan 6 'insurrection''safe and effective' jab, Jussie Smollett, Bubba Wallace rope, Covington hoax, Kyle Rittenhouse story, 'Very fine people' hoax, 'Trump told people to drink bleach', Ivermectin is a horse dewormer', Trump overfed fish, Russia stole 2016 election, "Border wall is racist", Russia bounty hoax, It's illegal to view Wikileaks emails, Hunter Biden laptop being Russian disinfo (30 former intel), Nord Stream pipeline explosion, Ashley Biden diary, Trump “**** hole” countries remark, Trump having removed the MLK bust from the White House, Pelosi attacker was right-winger.... to name a few lies, and I could go on

Last edited:
Have you heard yourself :D "We should trust all MSM news implicitly because they never lie or have biases and if you don't you're a Nazi" I've never come across someone so insular as you it's insane, you're literally programmed to think that anything right of "left wing" is CT disinfo.

Twitter is now well on the way to becoming as neutral as possible by giving everyone a chance to speak, no longer colluding with Government agencies to censor political opionions, and with community notes fact checking everyone, not just the "left". Although allowing anyone outside your bubble to speak isn't what you would call truth though

Russian collusion, Ghost of Kyiv, Hunter Biden laptop, 'Don't Say Gay' bill, Twitter collapse post-Elon, Nord Stream pipeline, 'Transitory' inflation, Men can get pregnant, BLM narrative, "Mostly peaceful protests, "Hands up don't shoot" lie, Muslim travel ban, '2 weeks to flatten the curve', Blaming Russia for missile that landed in Poland, Vaccine will stop the spread, Jan 6 'insurrection''safe and effective' jab, Jussie Smollett, Bubba Wallace rope, Covington hoax, Kyle Rittenhouse story, 'Very fine people' hoax, 'Trump told people to drink bleach', Ivermectin is a horse dewormer', Trump overfed fish, Russia stole 2016 election, "Border wall is racist", Russia bounty hoax, It's illegal to view Wikileaks emails, Hunter Biden laptop being Russian disinfo (30 former intel), Nord Stream pipeline explosion, Ashley Biden diary, Trump “**** hole” countries remark, Trump having removed the MLK bust from the White House, Pelosi attacker was right-winger.... to name a few lies, and I could go on
You missed Fox news and its biggest anchors all lying about the election being stolen to not upset its core viewers..... Let me guess, thats also a lie ?

The bizzare thing about that list is numerous Trump ones are on camera..... Holograms ?

Last edited:
Oh no you certainly weren't implying that were you

No I just pointed out who first said not to trust MSM and which politcal wing is now saying you can't trust MSM. They are simply facts. You can draw what ever conclusion you like.

I take it you are including Fox News in your "MSM" after we found out this week they knew Trump lost the election and were lying for money? Also that they hated Trump. All the time saying the exact opposite on air.... now i get why you don't believe MSM, all those years of being lied to must sting. Oh well there is always patriot.win that place is a bastion of truth :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Bringing this back towards topic Elon has decided to reprice the API

I quite like this professors take
“I don’t know if there’s an academic on the planet who could afford $42,000 a month for Twitter,” says Jeremy Blackburn, assistant professor at Binghamton University in New York and a member of the iDRAMA Lab, which analyzes hate speech on social media—including on Twitter.

Blackburn, however, says researchers will continue to find a way to scrutinize what’s happening on Twitter. “We’ve been mostly cut off from Facebook for years and we’ve continued to make progress,” he says. “It’s not like science is going to be held hostage by a guy that played himself into burning $44 billion on a website that makes no money, just so he could force all its users to read his ****posts.”

Elon has a funny way of making Twitter more open and transparent

Elon in about two months "look at those engagement stats thousands of new users have signed up and they are reading 100k tweets an hour!"

Muslim travel ban

Trump literally campaigned on a promise to introduce a Muslim travel ban.

Then he wimped out when he reached the White House.

'2 weeks to flatten the curve'

And it worked, in countries that aren't run by total morons:

YM0uoGK.png

^^ See the bottom of the graph? That's what flattening the curve looks like. Some countries managed to flatten the curve for 12 months or more.

Vaccine will stop the spread

It does.

Jan 6 'insurrection'

Sedition, at the very least. As confirmed by the courts themselves. But 'insurrection' works too, so where's the lie?

'safe and effective' jab

It is.

XbS06gg.png

'Very fine people' hoax

What hoax?

'Ivermectin is a horse dewormer'

It is.

BH95YLm.jpg

Nord Stream pipeline explosion

Where's the lie here?

Ashley Biden diary

And here?

Trump “**** hole” countries remark

And here? Not only was this confirmed by Republicans who were present at the time (are they lying?) but other Republicans even defended him for it.

Last edited:
Have you ever actually been in Speakers corner?

It's the very definition of an echo chamber, with opposite views ruthlessly stamped on by dozens of online bullies who are only interested in removing every viewpoint that dares to disagree with theirs in even the slightest of ways, irrespective on what is being said is true or not, with a vehemence which makes it seem like a modern day form of the 1930's Brown Shirts.

It's a shame that OcUK allow it to exist in its current form because when that echo chamber spills out into GD (as per the Ukraine thread) it ruins everything it touches but I can understand the decision to give them their own area, in an attempt to keep their vitriol contained.

The funniest part of that post above, which is hard to pick because there's a plenty in it, but it's probably the part wherr you say speakers corner spilling out into GB, when actually it's typically the other way that's the issue. You have the GD lot stumble into a speakers corner thread and then unable to know how to post. The thread deteriates for a week or so until mods inevitably ban that GD user and then normality resumes.

You have plenty on both sides of the aisle in speakers corner that have posted for years. It's weird to take issue with the quality there given its much more moderated.

Is it annoying that you can't post memes? Annoying that made up rubbish has to be backed up. That's what the users usually struggle with.

I can tell you that if this thread was in speakers corner, you wouldn't have the likes of roar telling users how big his arms are, that they cant post on a Saturday, that they are just overweight nerds etc and the thread would be better for it, though less funny

It's the very definition of an echo chamber, with opposite views ruthlessly stamped on by dozens of online bullies who are only interested in removing every viewpoint that dares to disagree with theirs in even the slightest of ways, irrespective on what is being said is true or not, with a vehemence which makes it seem like a modern day form of the 1930's Brown Shirts.

It's a shame that OcUK allow it to exist in its current form because when that echo chamber spills out into GD (as per the Ukraine thread) it ruins everything it touches but I can understand the decision to give them their own area, in an attempt to keep their vitriol contained.

Nonsense. Maybe more people with that view point need to post there. Are you saying that a view point shouldn't be argued against by more than say 2 people to keep it "fair"? A lot of people from GD with similar view points are banned from SC, we had get warnings, I've had 2 little breaks myself, I learnt where there line was and now stay the right side of it. Others didn't but that is their fault.

It seems you would be happy with an echo chamber if it relefected your views. And now you don't want people who post in SC to post in GD and ruin your experience. Just read back what you are typing. The only people I have seen banned from Ukraine thread are trolls who come in and attempt to **** post the thread into chaos.

I hate to empty quote but this is nonsense so will leave this here.

You missed off the moon landings and the globe earth theory

Can we please have a thread name change. I think something along the lines of "The Elon Musk Watchers thread" would be more appropriate.

The tag line should be "A place where fans and haters come to bond over their mutual obsession with everything he does"

Last edited:
To be fair it's not as incestuous as AVForums' politics section, which appears to be a conglomerate of frustrated divorcees, militant Trotskyists and civil servants, sexual deviants and work shy scroungers.

One only has to see the wealth of outraged opinions on the forum cited on Trust Pilot, where the only positive words on their politics section come from the site owner or the moderators themselves.

Only the meekest, mildest and most timidly presented right leaning comments are tolerated, any robust support of any right leaning thought or action results in a permanent ban, self perpetuating the echo chamber, which becomes in effect a safe space for its members to masturbate as one in, insulated from reality and confrontation.

To be fair it's not as incestuous as AVForums' politics section, which appears to be a conglomerate of frustrated divorcees, militant Trotskyists and civil servants, sexual deviants and work shy scroungers.

One only has to see the wealth of outraged opinions on the forum cited on Trust Pilot, where the only positive words on their politics section come from the site owner or the moderators themselves.

Only the meekest, mildest and most timidly presented right leaning comments are tolerated, any robust support of any right leaning thought or action results in a permanent ban, self perpetuating the echo chamber, which becomes in effect a safe space for its members to masturbate as one in, insulated from reality and confrontation.

Wow how fascinating. When I woke up this morning I thought I wonder what AV Forum politics section is like and I wonder if Chris Wilson will give us his balanced views on it, him being one of the most balanced posters on OCUK :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom