The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it clear?, why would I think it would be about anyone else. I don't recall having a conversation about rape with you previously.
You just randomly brought it up, so I thought its one of those 'asking for a friend' when it's really about you.

Well that's just a flat out lie and those who keep repeating these lies are dishonest in their arguments, which is most of you.
I have had 3 people suspended going through the complaints process for abuse on Twitter, this is in the last 2 months.

You've had 3 people suspended in the last 2 months for abuse? Hmm with your posting style on here why am I not surprised you'd get into such heated discussions.

with your posting style on here why am I not surprised you'd get into such heated discussions.
It's a talent.

No I'm not surprised you got into discussions where it ended up in language being used that was enough for a ban... 3 times. You can read right?

Are you that same guy where I said things keep going over your head ?because you seem to be missing a vital point here.
According to you
Elon has left Twitter with virtually zero moderation staff?

So then who is banning these people if Twitter has... as you put it virtually zero moderation staff.

Last edited:
Louis gets it. Elon might be clever, he might be funny sometimes but the man is a professional liar.

I thought his comment in the comments was pretty much on the mark.

Question : Do you believe that Elon has a cult of personality? Although he seems to be the same, my perception of him has changed after he purchased Twitter.

Answer: Yes. I think the reason people simp for him so much is because he is kind of like biggie from the 90s, for autistic nerds in 2022. He does what he wants, on his own terms; without caring what others think of him. He flips the bird to everyone else from politicians, the SEC, the media, which capitalizes on the populist, anti establishment rhetoric gaining traction in our times. It started with occupy Wall Street and the tea party stuff, and came to a head with Trump and Bernie Sanders in 2016. People feel like they are being screwed and they don't know exactly who is doing the screwing, but they want to lash out. People who do that lashing out for them when they are not capable of doing it themselves will earn their loyalty and appreciation.

Elon's brand is he does what he wants, he does it with swagger, and never has to face consequences for it. People laugh when he says that electric cars will be viable for cross country travel, or that vehicles will be able to drive themselves and while he is on a little bit of ********, he gets a surprising amount of it right. You can indeed take a model 3 from any point of the United States to another without having to worry about dead spots, and a surprising amount of a 27-hour road trip was able to be done with autopilot and minimal if any correction. Yeah, full self-driving on a lot of roads in suburbs or other complex roads is iffy and bullshitty, but it's far further along than what you could expect to get in a Ford focus or Toyota 4Runner in 2017!

Most people wish they could be like that in their normal lives. Most of the people commenting on this video have no ability to flip the bird to anybody. They do not live lives of adventure and intrigue. Elon Musk allows them to live vicariously through him.

You're looking at this through the lens of, why do people shill for a billionaire? Why would you invest in or with somebody who exhibits this behavior? But I think that's the wrong lens to understand it by, because that is not the metric by which he is being measured.

This is kind of like asking the question, in the '90s, of would I let biggie and his friends housesit my nice suburban HOA home while I'm on vacation and look after my 17 year old daughter... that isn't the metric on which he's being judged. Or Elon.

To laugh along with this is to give a middle finger to the establishment, a middle finger so many people watching wish they could give to the judgmental sacks of sh!t they deal with every day in their own lives, but can't. Normal people can't flip the bird to those in their own lives who **** them off: they're shift supervisors at Costco, with 40k in credit card debt, a baby on the way, and no education. Or a person that makes their $200k or $300,000/yr to grind away doing boring work that nobody will care about, no conflict, no struggle, no narrative, no storyline, no adventure. No sticking it to the man.

That's the life of most people. Meaningless; boring. The last man.

The ability to live vicariously through somebody doing all of these things is something people identify with. Once they identify with that, and start looking up to the Elon, you start to think Elon can't do anything wrong. It starts to feel like people are insulting YOU when they criticize the person you are living vicariously through.

Honestly, in your heart of hearts, could the CEO of Kia get away with this ****? If the director of PR at Pontiac or head of sales at Mercury in 1996 said your car would be a robotaxi that goes up in value in a few years, they'd be a laughingstock. He gets away with it because of the cult of personality. Some of the cult of personality is earned - some of it is just right-place-right-time for this type of figure to come along.

An actual self made man from nothing who has tried to make life genuinely better for everyone with right to repair knows whats up and yet like clockwork they'll defend the dude who had everything from the moment they were born.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom